• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Which Martial art is better Karate or jujitsu?

Kung-Fu!

:D

*runs away wildly dodging thrown tomatos*

Seriously, it's good advice to try them both and see what suits you. Also consider the instructor when making a decision. STAY AWAY from ANY and ALL Rex Kwon Do facilities. :weirdlook:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have also practiced tong fu, spoon fu, shoe fu, Pull The Hair Te, and many more...

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

The Martial Art should mold itself to the person, not the person to the Art. Jujutsu is older than Karate (in their current form). Thus, a true Karate way should include jujutsu techniques, but not all of them do. There is Karate-Do, and Karate-Jujutsu. At first glance it is hard to tell the difference.

Goju Ryu for instance incorporates, at higher levels, jujutsu techniques, which in all reality are chi' na techniques, since Goju Ryu is Naha Te is Chuan Fa or Chinese Kempo/Shaolin as one goes backward in lineage.

True jujutsu (jiujutsu) is both a striking art and joint locking/throw down circular way of Martial Art.

I teach a jujutsu mix of karate, taijiquan, muay thai, etc...

So I am partial in most regards to jujutsu.

If I were to take a external style again it would be Kenpo, and or Hung Gar Kung Fu. If I were to start as a child I would take Taijiquan as taught by the masters of two centuries ago, rather than the 20th century. Erle Montaigue has a decent approach I respect.

Just do whatever works for your body, mind, and spirit (character,etc).

Research and study academically as you go along in your training.

:)

Those are my thoughts...

I fully agree; and I add that comparing karate with Ju-jitsu it is not like comparing Kickboxing with Judo.

Traditional Ju-Jitsu incorporates all sort of strikes and Karate (expecially the style I study namely Goju) incorporates throws. They complement well each other and somehow both include some elements of each other

(not like kickboxing and Judo like in the example I made at the beginning which are a purely striking and a purely grappling art). So you may study both or you may study only one of them, knowing that a good school in one of these two arts will also teach you the basics of the other.

I take TKD and Jujitsu. The styles, I think, work well together. I get to kick, punch ect in TKD. It's more in the "K.I.S.S." (keep it simple stupid) thing, but very fun.

I also get the ground work, joint locks, and throws in Jujitsu. This style is more like "do whatever works NOW to get out alive" type training.

But neither style is better, but each one has its own way of dealing with any givin situation.

Laurie F

You don't want any thing to do with kung fu, karate, or that jiu-jitsu stuff.

The real secret is Taebo thats where you get the real fighting power from.

Nothing like a pair of spandex, some funky beats, and some stepping knee's and you will have the confidence to take care of your self in any situation.

THAT IS ALL

THE KARATE25

I am looking into some jiu-jitsu to acompany my karate, they compliment each other.

"The ultimate aim in karate lies not in victory nor defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants." Gichin Funakoshi