• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

shoulder damage

raven91

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to ask:

I was sparring yesterday and my partner got a little violent when I got careless

:dodgy:

My shoulder's been popping like mad when i rotate it, but I doubt it's dislocated (never experienced it, but i know it should hurt more). It does bother me, but I'm not sure what to do with it since it still seems to function normally.

What would you suggest? Ever experienced anything like this?

Pride is best evident when only you know...

-the motto of my Kwoon

"You only stop when you are dead..."

-My incredible Sifu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If it feels like it's actually moving out of place, or you have lost a good portion of your range of motion, you might want to see a doctor.

Otherwise, rest and ice for a few days. If it doesn't improve, doctor.

If it feels like it's actually moving out of place, or you have lost a good portion of your range of motion, you might want to see a doctor.

Good advice. I fully agree. If it is still "functioning normally", I'd give it a few days and ice... if it doesn't improve at all, then it'd be something worth getting checked out.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

Good advice. I fully agree. If it is still "functioning normally", I'd give it a few days and ice... if it doesn't improve at all, then it'd be something worth getting checked out.

If there's a popping sound everytime you rotate it, it could be some slight, temporary dislignment in the joints. That may not be something to worry about unless the popping sound doesn't go away after a few days and it's causing you some pain. In that case, you better see your doctor and have it x-rayed if he so advises it.

Gene

If there's a popping sound everytime you rotate it, it could be some slight, temporary dislignment in the joints. That may not be something to worry about unless the popping sound doesn't go away after a few days and it's causing you some pain. In that case, you better see your doctor and have it x-rayed if he so advises it.

Gene

thank you very much sir! ^_^

Pride is best evident when only you know...

-the motto of my Kwoon

"You only stop when you are dead..."

-My incredible Sifu