• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Acrobatics help...

parkerlineage

Does anybody have any advice to help me clean up my aerials, butterfly kicks, and 'tornado' kicks (I learned them as flying outward crescents)? Basically spinning and inverted manuevers - I've learned a dao kata, and my acrobatics skills are simply remnants of my gymnastics training from 10 years ago. Unfortuantely for me, American Kenpo has zip in the way of acrobatic moves.

Thanks!

Parkerlineage

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thanks for the site. I think I wasn't turning into it enough. I'm going to go outside and try it again really fast...

Ouch.

I'm getting closer...

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

LOL. I been there (still am with some tricks). Just keep at it ;) Just don't hurt yourself like I did. I'm working on the 540 lately. It seems like everytime I try this trick, I land it, perfect. Then I hurt myself. Then I have to start from scratch :( So, be careful.

Laurie F

my style doesn't have any fancy kicks ,but I love doing them. You can also go to this website called tricktutorials.net or .com (not sure). Also check out the works of the zero gravity stunts team.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

bilang.com has some awesome videos of kicks but, that gives you a ruff idea, but here is a few tips for gettign better, don't let you arms flair out..you loose power, in butterfly kick which i am assuming is kicking with both feet at the same time in a split...those are tricky but its one of my best,use your arms when you jump and keep them about chest level and work on timign for extending your feet for full max power, anything you do spinning, turn your head, your body will follow your head, and as far as jumping is concerned, do alot of squats, and duck walks. your legs will increase in power alot, therefore giving you the ability to jump higher and kick harder.

-scad

nomatter what it be, will power and heart produces great things

This si mroe a mentla thingy, but if you picture yourself lieka leaf floating up in the wind or somethign liek that and send yoru chi upwards you will be able to jump higher. That sjust something, id ont know if you think about chi, but if you do that realyl works (at least it seems to for me).

Focus

This si mroe a mentla thingy, but if you picture yourself lieka leaf floating up in the wind or somethign liek that and send yoru chi upwards you will be able to jump higher. That sjust something, id ont know if you think about chi, but if you do that realyl works (at least it seems to for me).
I do think about it,but we don't really practice it at our dojo.By the way being that both of us are practicing okinwan/japanese arts it's called ki.Anyways being that it's not really practiced where I go ,I believe in exercising.
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

i know its ki but i still say chi because one of my instructors does this chi therapy think thats uses chinese philosophies i guess you could call them that of chi so from her saying chi i've gotten used to saying chi but sometimes i try to say ki instead since i know thats the more proper thing when talking about japanese arts.

Focus