• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

worst martial arts movie ever

Oh no, my comment had nothing to do with Bruce Lee; it was the very essence of the movie. C'mon, the story is about this mob trying to get him to film a movie and he wouldn't. It was horrible. Nevermind the Bruce Lee face pasted over the double's, or the clips from Bruce's other movies. The very heart of Game of Death was evil. The chinese god of cinematography acted in haste to prevent this movie from being made fully and marring Bruce's otherwise great film career.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some Old kung Fu movies from the 70's and 80's that i like them and own. i have a small collection of chinese martial arts movies.

Forget about the Plot and forget about storyline.. Honestly. Who really CARES about that?? lol Fast Forward to see the action only lol

Those movies were made by REAL kung fu masters, coreography from Pekin Opera School, Daredevil stunts,etc... The problem we have is those movies were made for Chinese audience who have another style of make movies.

American martial arts movies (Don Wilson, Richard Norton, Cynthia Rothrock *She looked great on Chinese martial arts movies*, Michael Dudikoff, Van Damme etc..) on the other hand, are really BAD. Not only they keep the bad acting and plotless But Also BAD coreography, BAD moves, and really bAD action Direction.

There are a FEW american martial arts movies that i like.

Do you remember that time in where ALL kickboxing champs were making movies?? Don Wilson, Rob Kaman, Dale "apollo" Cook, Maurice Smith,etc.. they all made TERRIBLE movies.

Now for the records, that doesn't mean American MA actors Sucks, as martial artist, NO. Most of them are terrific martial artist, BUT that doens't mean your moves will look good on screen.

As for Wire Fu goes. Those movies are taken from Chinese Fantazy novels. Its like when you take a Comic book hero and put it on Screen.. You expect Superman to fly on the movies just like when you read it on the comic book do you? :)

See U people.

I have two new additions:

Golden Ninja Invasion. (Ninja???? Blonde stick-man in a blue gi, using blue smoke to kill thugs, the main character has a bionic right hand that has special 'elektro' powers. Best quote, "I'll be your friend.")

Ninja in the U.S.A. (Most of this was filmed in the Philippines, the opening ninja fight is the best and then the movie takes an 1 25 min detour away from ninjas and into some drug plot with the ever memorable "NINJA CITY" Best quote, "This has nothing to do with drugs!")

Horrible movies.

Edited by Martial_Artist

Oh yeah, here are some more:

Mortal ANYTHING.(Mortal Kombat and all its evil spawn)

The Next Karate Kid.

Steven Seagal flicks except for Under Siege(which is good only once). (The PATRIOT was the worst ever and anything with rap as the soundtrack automatically stinks)

Jeff Speakman movies after The Perfect Weapon, and that's only good a couple times.

Power Rangers. (I never saw this stuff, but the commercials said enough.)

I'll add more when I remember what they were. I kinda repressed these memories.

I've caught pieces of a pretty bad movie at night a few times. I think it has "Kickboxing" in the title, but there isn't a trace of Muay Thai in it. It's some low-budget feel-good movie about some little shopping center school and a tournament they go to. Half of the students aren't even wearing their uniforms or tying their belts right (and some of them are rather... out of shape). The tournament fights aren't even as impressive as those you'd see at a real local tournament with a real mcdojo. Of course the nemesis instructor is all militant and has his students cheat for him. It's really predictable.

What bothers me most is that movies like this still probably cost more money than I'll ever see. How can people devote so many resources to something so wretched? Who's the studio head with all the millions of dollars who reads the script and says, "Yes! Of all the things in the world I could spend our money on, I choose this hands down!"

There's something wrong with this world.

1st Dan Hapkido

Colored belts in Kempo and Jujitsu

What about the Five deadly venoms, Kid with the Golden Arms, Master Killer or Flying Gullitione.

These some movies from the Old kung fu cinema saturday's

In search of the Temple of Light

• 1 month later...
I'm no Ebert, but Mortal Kombat 2 sticks out in my mind as the single worst kicking movie I've ever seen. It has no competition that I've seen. Blade 2 comes close though, like when he elbow drops the guy from the top ropes and does a vertical suplex. They should have called it Blade is Raw or something so we would've been warned. The polar opposite of these movies is, however, one of my favorite movies from being young, SURF NINJAS!!!! (Man, brothas don't surf!)

I gotta go with Iron on The Last Dragon--should have been named The Worst Dragon. I actually rented one that I thought would have supreme suckage but wasn't that bad-Shootfighter 2 with Bolo Yeung. The story was pretty farfetched but the acting wasn't bad & had a few kickazz fights.Needed a few more,but-for $2.29 rental, it was worth it.

*1st Dan Oct 2004*

"Progress lies not enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be."

"It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them."

• 3 weeks later...
I just want to say, not to offend you, Van_Damme, but personally, I really don't like Van Damme at all. I think that he is not a very skilled martial artist. If you watch carefully, he really only kicks with his right leg. Hardly ever uses his left. He'll do a round house with his right leg, then spin all the way around to do an outward crescent kick with the same leg instead of just kicking with the left. He's very flexible and I like his splits. And when he kicks with his right leg, it's usually good stuff. Strong, solid side-kicks. But he's not even. He didn't train equally. It's obvious. Unless he had some kind of injury or something that I don't know about. But, my least favorite martial arts movie is pretty much any Van Damme movie.

I agree with all here Van Damage isn't all he thinks he is. But to be fair Superfoot Bill Wallace only uses his left leg. He is what, six time world champ?? I may have the number wrong but I do know he was champion. Would you say he was not balanced? 8)

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!