• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Positive Characteristics of a Jiu-Jitsu School

If there were a black belt in BJJ who only charged $50 a month for lessons, that would be absolutely great. Problem is that BJJ is natrually an expensive style to study. Not many people train in it, especially when compared to styles such as TKD, Kung Fu, and Karate. The fewer number of people would natrually yield a need for higher prices.

Im not saying that the amount of money you pay directly affects the quality of instruction you get, its simply that $50 is a very cheap price for BJJ and the cheapest black belt instructors I've seen charge at least double that.

Another possible reason for the low price is the area. $50/month is quite high for this area. Most people gawk at $30/month. The average income is very low in this area.

Thanks for all of the information. It may be a while before I get a chance to go check this school out, but when I do I'll post the trascript.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think there was a school at one time down there called Jason's House Of Pain but I don't know anything about them except they had some nifty t-shirts.

A computer beat me in a game of chess once but it was no match for me in a kickboxing match

• 5 weeks later...
Do you know who is instructing at this school

Jason Sasser. Has anyone heard of him?

What rank is he (white, blue, purple, brown, black) and under which professor did he study? Most importantly, which one gave him his current rank, and does he hold an affiliation to anyone if hes below black belt (i.e. Affiliated with Team Megaton for instance).