• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only do the workouts in class. :P Anyway, I do rising front and side kicks for flexibility. Then, super-slow front/side/round kicks (without dropping the leg to the ground) for control/balance... and increasing the speed as I go. Lastly, extending the leg for high front/side/round kick and holding it there for 20 seconds. That's pretty much my warm-up session. :P Oh, and sometimes I do bunny hops or duck walk around a basketball court.

Do hindu squats to increase leg and hip strength. It does work. Works all the major muscle groups from the waist down.

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!

It is basically a squat without weights. Feet shoulder width apart facing straight ahead, put your arms out in front of you palm down. As you squat, only go until you thighs are parallel to the ground, no further, as this is hard on the knees. Pull arms back to sides and when you stand up, pull them up in front of you again and pull them back in a rowing type motion as you stand. Then squat again and drop the arms to sides and repeat exercise. Do 25 of these and see how you feel. If you can do more, great. If not, give it time, you will feel the burn. Hope this helps.

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!

Well a good leg work out for me is just to do shotokan basics and kata, because the stances are so low. However i do do other exercises but thats the main one,

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

i practise turning kick to build up my staminah, side kick to my sparring, but i found my knee very hurt after training, will these kind of practise will cause any injuries on my knees?

Jumping kicks must have a reason, to cover distance, or to take down a mounted opponent.

Jook-Am blackbelt 2nd dan pattern

GTF Taekwondo

Chinese Kick Boxing Junior Learner

https://www.sonkal.cz