• Judo
    • Tai Chi
    • Kung Fu
    • Jeet Kun Do
    • Capoeira
    • Wing Chun
    • Jujitsu or Aikido
    • Other

Just for interest i want to find out what the most studied martial arts style is there are gonna be some styles that i dont list cos i donts know everything :) so im including an other coloumn. It is also going to be generalised otherwise the poll will be too big. Ill run the poll for two weeks and i think the most used style will be either karate or Tae kwon do. Please include all of the arts they you learn currently ,not have learnt.

If some people study other martial arts that i havent listed could you please list what it envolves and explain them for the benefit of everyone. You never know i mite take up another one.

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

There's a flaw in your survey in that "karate", "taekwondo" and "kungfu" are relatively generic terms encompassing literally hundreds of systems and their offshoots. :karate:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Yes but i think its a very generalized survey, unless there were to put hundreds and hundreds of stlyes. so that way is a little more convienent...

I think TKD is most used.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

I would rather see it broken up into Japanese Karate, Okinawan Karate, American Karate, etc, the same with TKD being Sport TKD, Authentic TKD, etc. As to what is most prevalent, in the USA I'd say TKD is by far the most prolific of the arts, but elsewhere in the world I suspect it's Shotokan.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Aye, tough to respond to that poll. You can only choose one answer, it fails to mention things like boxing and wrestling (other just doesn't really work for that), combines aikido with jujutsu but separates judo, separates wing chun and jkd which are both considered kung fus (for lack of a more commonly understood term), the things noted by SS, etc.

I'll abstain. :P

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

sorry shorinryu sensei and others there is a limit to the number of poll options thats why i grouped them the way i did otherwise i agree there are hundereds of styles but i cannot include them all im afraid although i disagree with 'american karate', 'japenese karate' karate origionated form okinawa so karate is okinawan there is karate in japan and karate in america however.

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.