• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Creatine and martial arts?

Mtal

Goju's right. I know swimmers and joggers who love the stuff because it helps their performance. They aren't concerned with increasing muscle mass.

As for Kaju.. yea, exactly. Bodybuilders are not martial artists, and couldn't be good ones with those builds. Muscles are important, specifically strength. While no one questions that a bodybuilder is strong, they train primarily for size, not strength. Not to mention how slow they become.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goju's right. I know swimmers and joggers who love the stuff because it helps their performance. They aren't concerned with increasing muscle mass.

As for Kaju.. yea, exactly. Bodybuilders are not martial artists, and couldn't be good ones with those builds. Muscles are important, specifically strength. While no one questions that a bodybuilder is strong, they train primarily for size, not strength. Not to mention how slow they become.

yeah muscular guys do get slower,why is that?
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

if I dont take my time to train my body I dont deserve it.

If I dont take my time to train and learn my martial art, I dont deserve to be good at it.

Thats how I look at it. But you guys train any way you like, and fits you best. :karate:

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

Because they build up their muscles to the point that their fast twitch muscles and slow twitch muscles fight against one another. Generally (if you don't also train for speed) they've only trained their muscles for slow, steady force production.

Edited by CagedWarrior

I don't think it's the oxygen that creatine affects.

True. See my post in this thread for a basic explanation

http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=22205&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=10

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

Because they build up their muscles to the point that their fast twitch muscles and slow twitch muscles fight against one another. Generally (if you don't also train for speed) they've only trained their muscles for slow, steady force production.

Not quite. They don't fight against one another, since slow and fast twitch muscles in a single group (Such as the quads) are all designed to do the same thing. However, when you train for heavy weights, you are emphasizing the slow twitch muscles much more (Especially considering the length of most bodybuilding type workouts, fast twitch get exhausted easily and early).

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player