Mtal

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whatever happened to good old fashioned nutrition?

Nutrition today is better than it has ever been... the information on it, that is. However, some things can't be provided even with perfect nutrition- and that includes the needs of top performance and/or "hard core" athletes. A good multi vitamin, for example, is necessary for any serious athlete because you simply can't get enough to do everything you want to do from food alone. It's impossible. A guy working out hard enough will experience nutritional gaps that will impede his progress. 100% of olympic athletes, and probably professional body builders and the likes, suppliment with one.

The same goes for creatine, gluatmine and other aminos... it's all about optimizing performance. You can't get mega doses of vitamins, minerals, creatine, amino acids, etc. from food; but those mega doses are useful in training and perfecting your body.

whatever happened to good old fashioned nutrition?

Nutrition today is better than it has ever been... the information on it, that is. However, some things can't be provided even with perfect nutrition- and that includes the needs of top performance and/or "hard core" athletes. A good multi vitamin, for example, is necessary for any serious athlete because you simply can't get enough to do everything you want to do from food alone. It's impossible. A guy working out hard enough will experience nutritional gaps that will impede his progress. 100% of olympic athletes, and probably professional body builders and the likes, suppliment with one.

The same goes for creatine, gluatmine and other aminos... it's all about optimizing performance. You can't get mega doses of vitamins, minerals, creatine, amino acids, etc. from food; but those mega doses are useful in training and perfecting your body.

That was a very good post Caged Warrior. :idea:

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

its not completely necessary though.

In China and Japan there were (in tradition) and still are fighters that have never taken diertary supplements of any kind.

Even today, there are people who perform like athletes who have never needed to take dietary supplements to compete with other martial artists.

I'm not saying they are useless, I'm saying you can achieve the same goal without depending on pills.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

its not completely necessary though.

In China and Japan there were (in tradition) and still are fighters that have never taken diertary supplements of any kind.

Even today, there are people who perform like athletes who have never needed to take dietary supplements to compete with other martial artists.

I'm not saying they are useless, I'm saying you can achieve the same goal without depending on pills.

Necessary? Yes and no, depending on your goals. Those guys you refer to, they can be incredibly healthy and in shape, it happened before the world even knew what a vitamin was. However, they'll never reach the level some of, say, America's top athletes achieve with their suppliments. Why do you think body builders (just an example) today are getting bigger than they have ever been? Advances in supliments is a huge part of that- creatine, NO2, protein powders, aminos... all have allowed people to "naturally" push their bodies to new limits that were, and are, simply impossible to reach without.

they do reach a high level of capacity and they reach higher goals of fighting cpability without super big muscles.

Big muscles are not that important for a good fighter.It helps sometimes, but a lot of small people can be devastating opponents. Just look at the small Bruce Lee, even though he was perfectly fit, he didnt have enormous muscles that helped him out, but fit healthy muscles.

I wasnt making a critique at creatine, I dont question its effects.

I was talking about big muscles and martial arts- Big bulging muscles are not all that necessary for a martial artist, thats all. In other words, I excercise fine, but I dont want to look like a body builder to think I achieved the top of my martial arts training.

you have another point of view on it, and I respect that.

creatine also helps you in your cardiovascular conditioning,not just muscle/strength.With that said you can last a longer time without getting exhausted and get a leaner body.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu