• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Creatine and martial arts?

Mtal

Indeed, i have read nothing in regards to that either. Would like to know where you heard that as well.

just go to google.com and look for "creatine formaldehyde"

you will find some interesting webpages.

have a nice day

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creatine has been on the market for 12 years now. If it had any side effects that really messed you up, we'd have all heard about it by now.

Assuming you stay hydrated enough, and don't take too much, the only side effect you need to worry about is loss of electrolytes. So drink some gatorade.

Creatine has been on the market for 12 years now. If it had any side effects that really messed you up, we'd have all heard about it by now.

Not necessarily true.

Flouride has been on the market for 60+ years now, mixed in with toothpaste, water, and other products, and yet substantive reports have clearly indicated it does 'nothing' to whiten your teeth or protect your teeth from decay. In fact, the EXACT OPPOSITE is the case. In mildly large doses (about 4 times what you would normally be subjected to by brushing your teeth 3 times a day), i can cause your teeth to yellow, and weaken them structurally... to the point they can decay far more rapidly and even become brittle. Fact is, flouride is rat poison... tested by the U.S. military on an unsuspecting Ohio community back during WWII. It was determined, by that test, that the residents teeth became white due to the flouride mixed in with their water. However, what they failed to realize was that at the same time, there was a change in the filtering process of the water, which effectively removed some chemicals found in the Great Lakes... that was causing the teeth to yellow (i believe, but don't quote me on this, one of those chemicals was lead). The test was improperly done and thus obtained false results, yet the toothpaste industry jumped on that report immediately... and it became the wonder drug of the times.

So... why is it that it's still out there? The more prominent belief is because both the government (that presented the first 'positive' flouride report, and thus would be held ultimately responsible) and toothpaste companies would be sued repeatedly were such information made public. Another tobacco industry scenario (and, on that note, don't forget how long the general populace was left ignorant about the harmful effects of tobacco, eh?)

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Not necessarily true.

Flouride has been on the market for 60+ years now, mixed in with toothpaste, water, and other products, and yet substantive reports have clearly indicated it does 'nothing' to whiten your teeth or protect your teeth from decay. In fact, the EXACT OPPOSITE is the case. In mildly large doses (about 4 times what you would normally be subjected to by brushing your teeth 3 times a day), i can cause your teeth to yellow, and weaken them structurally... to the point they can decay far more rapidly and even become brittle. Fact is, flouride is rat poison... tested by the U.S. military on an unsuspecting Ohio community back during WWII. It was determined, by that test, that the residents teeth became white due to the flouride mixed in with their water. However, what they failed to realize was that at the same time, there was a change in the filtering process of the water, which effectively removed some chemicals found in the Great Lakes... that was causing the teeth to yellow (i believe, but don't quote me on this, one of those chemicals was lead). The test was improperly done and thus obtained false results, yet the toothpaste industry jumped on that report immediately... and it became the wonder drug of the times.

So... why is it that it's still out there? The more prominent belief is because both the government (that presented the first 'positive' flouride report, and thus would be held ultimately responsible) and toothpaste companies would be sued repeatedly were such information made public. Another tobacco industry scenario (and, on that note, don't forget how long the general populace was left ignorant about the harmful effects of tobacco, eh?)

I rest my case(and I didnt even begin) :)

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

The longest I've taken creatine continuously is 9 months, but I've been using it for about 6 years, and I haven't seen any ill effects.

As far as the formaldehyde, yes, part of the breakdown process does produce formaldehyde, but so does the breakdown process of quite a number of foods, including organic fruits and vegetables. The actual amount produced is quite minimal, and gets converted to formic acid in the body, which is a normal waste product of the human system.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player