• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just A Quick Question

karatechick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Need to really focus on the basics at this point . Listen to your teachers as they will be able to help you greatly . Don't try for too much power or speed just doing it right , the rest will come . Flexabilty and balance are typically the greatest challenges for beginners . And never forget the #1 rule HAVE FUN :D . Good luck

We are not so much individual beings as individual points of perception within one immense being.

As fangshi has said above. Take it slow for now and concetrate on your technique. The speed and power will come in good time. If you try to use too much speed or power without proper technique you could come away with an injury (sprained wrist, jammed toes etc.) And of course practice, practice and more practice. :)

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

Your best bet is to have great form and execution.

I was never the fastest swimmer on our team, but because I had nearly flawless technique, I could keep up with sloppier, more talented swimmers.

Once you have the basics absolutely grounded (Should take a few years, hehehehe), then you can start adding the weight workouts, and specific drills to hone everything.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player