• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Styles in your city/ town

In South Yorkshire (the UK county I live in) there's plety of TKD and karate schools, a smattering of kung fu & JKD places and a handful of 'other', which includes a BJJ school, an Iaido place and Ninjitsu.

The most popular (as well as the ever-prevalent McDojang TKD) is kickboxing and boxing.

Boxing is the traditional sport of this area - most towns, even the small places have at least 1 boxing gym and many of those offer kickboxing classes as well.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"In my area , there are many kyokushinkai dojos , few shotokan schools and no TKD . We also have Muay tai , kick boxing , wrestling , aikido , judo , fencing .."

where do u live?I find it hard to believe that there arent any tkd dojangs since it's like the worlds most popular style.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

• 3 weeks later...

In my town there is about everything.. much Kickboxing a lot of karate, Judo, Ju Jitsu (recently they opened also a BJJ school) Aikido, 2 large Chinese MA schools (one mostly specialized in Northern styles the other more related to southern styles). Then there are places for Muay Thay, JKD,TKD,Capoeira. Kempo and also TKD are not very popular here.

In my town there is about everything.. much Kickboxing a lot of karate, Judo, Ju Jitsu (recently they opened also a BJJ school) Aikido, 2 large Chinese MA schools (one mostly specialized in Northern styles the other more related to southern styles). Then there are places for Muay Thay, JKD,TKD,Capoeira. Kempo and also TKD are not very popular here.
why aren't tkd and kempo popular there?
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

why aren't tkd and kempo popular there?

I don't know, hystorical reasons play a major role maybe. TKD has gain more popularity due to the fact that is an olympic sport, much less then karate, Judo and Kickboxing anyway... Kempo I think is something more related to the connection between Asia and USA... I don't know I would like to hear also the opinion of other european members. Is kempo popular in your country?