• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the most important JKD (IMO) lineage is connected to Dan Inosanto, who is a Kali/escrima/arnis instructor, he integrated JKD with kali and other Filipino MAs like Silat etc.

I am not that familiar with Escrima I did notice them doing alot of training with kali sticks. At the same time, I dont train with them so not always sure what all they are doing. I have never trained in Escrima or Kali so you must forgive my ignorance of the two :oops:

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

I think that kali, escrima and arnis are about the same thing maybe with very small differences.
that's pretty much what I've heard,except that some have more emphasis on sticks,others on blades,and some on empty hand techniques.
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

• 5 months later...

To be simple, after Bruce Lee died, his students divided into 2 groups

JKD concept ---- Dan Inosanto, the guy continues to do research and learning other martial art, considering that JKD is only concept of "using what is useful for yourself and abandoned the useless" as what Bruce Lee mentioned.

Gaining his blackbelt in BJJ at his 60's and still learning other martial art.

And added many Southeast asia martial art in training context.

Original JKD ---- Ted Wong and other students would like to fix what is "JKD", teaching only what Bruce Lee "teach" and "learn"....Whenever there is problem, just looking into what Bruce Lee learnt, Wing Chun, Fencing and etc. No information is allowed to add.

Under Original JKD, this also divided into 2 more new group.....

1) Original JKD kick boxing teaches only striking fight

2) Original JKD grappling teaches only about 30 grappling skill that shows in late Bruce Lee's private information.

Darkness grants me pair of dark black eye,

Yet I determine to look for Brightness