• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Alcohol and MA

MFGQ

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well, i don't drink. I feel better that way. I don't deal with the problems associated with even one drink, and i get to look down on others for their drinking. :brow:

Seriously though, no i don't drink, but i don't because i really don't much care for the effects of alcohol on my body (loss of some motor control), for the hardships it presents to my digestive system, and because i've witnessed too many hurt themselves, or others, with this drug... or with this drug as 'the excuse.'

If you drink, drink responsibly. If it bothers you, or you feel 'less' because you drink, then don't drink... because you're associating your self-esteem to alcohol intake. Do what makes you feel better about yourself (which is different that what makes you feel better), avoid those things that attack your self-esteem. Pretty simple really.

One special request: If you drink, don't drive. I've been run over as a pedestrian and as a motorcyclist, and struck a few times while sitting in my car at red lights. In all cases, it was due to alcohol intoxication. They were at fault, and i suffered immeasureable damage because of it. I also went to too many funerals of friends because of it.

Alcohol is dangerous, because it impedes your ability to make sound judgements... while at the same time impeding your motor control. A lethal combination... with a very bitter aftertaste.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

I don't drink. I don't do MA, either, so I probably don't count. But, I'm underage. :) But, I don't plan to drink, either. Besides not being that appealing to me, it has the nice side effect of saving me money. ;)

Getting messed up once a month isn't too bad, if you're young... and if you're not training super, super hard. But the day after will definitely not be up to par.

Also, say you lift on the same day you get really drunk (later on), your recovery will be scewed and no matter what you do the following nights, it won't be as good. Depending on the timing, getting really drunk will slow your bodies improvement function (i made that term up just now) just a little, or a lot.

Drinking can can the body to lose nutrients , ussually through urination , and is not considered to be overly healthy but in moderation there has been little scientific evidence to proove any long term negitive effects . Abuse of alcohol on the other hand has many nasty side effects that you may want to stay away from .

We are not so much individual beings as individual points of perception within one immense being.

There are a lot of myths about alcohol, so the best thing to do is get education on the subject.

Beer or glass of wine a day? No problem. Actually, there have been a lot of studies that have shown a moderate glass of wine a day has a lot of health benefits. (The biggest theory is that it is related to the grapes used to make wine).

As has been said, while not a direct diuretic, alcohol does cause dehydration. It also lowers the level of CSF (Cerebrospinal fluid), which gives you that lovely banging headache the next morning. Your brain floats in CSF, and when you drink heavily, the level of CSF goes down, allowing your brain to lower as well. This places stress on the brainstem, and makes it easier for the brain to bump into the skull, both of which pretty much hurt.

It also can produce vitamin deficiencies, although this is more often seen in long term abusers than once or twice abusers.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

"As has been said, while not a direct diuretic, alcohol does cause dehydration. It also lowers the level of CSF (Cerebrospinal fluid), which gives you that lovely banging headache the next morning. Your brain floats in CSF, and when you drink heavily, the level of CSF goes down, allowing your brain to lower as well. This places stress on the brainstem, and makes it easier for the brain to bump into the skull, both of which pretty much hurt."

Wow I have never heard that before

im G A Y and i love you i W A N K over you EVERY DAY!!!

"As has been said, while not a direct diuretic, alcohol does cause dehydration. It also lowers the level of CSF (Cerebrospinal fluid), which gives you that lovely banging headache the next morning. Your brain floats in CSF, and when you drink heavily, the level of CSF goes down, allowing your brain to lower as well. This places stress on the brainstem, and makes it easier for the brain to bump into the skull, both of which pretty much hurt."

Wow I have never heard that before

Get a degree in Exercise Physiology from your nearest university. You'll absorb a million different facts that have not much use in real life except the odd internet post every now and again. :D :D :lol:

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

"Get a degree in Exercise Physiology from your nearest university. You'll absorb a million different facts that have not much use in real life except the odd internet post every now and again." lol !!! :D

im G A Y and i love you i W A N K over you EVERY DAY!!!