• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Alcohol and MA

MFGQ

I just wanted to ask a quick question, is alcohol bad for a martial artist? because i feel that when i drink i lose some muscle and i dont feel with the strenght that i have been the day before. And if it is really bad, how much is ok to drink?

thanx

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Alcohol isnt good for you regardless of MA or not. But unless you drink excessively you shouldn't feel anything change because I believe many of us drink sometimes.

im G A Y and i love you i W A N K over you EVERY DAY!!!

A cold one (or 2) after a long hard training session has been known to have mysterious medicinal effects :D .

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

When you drink the alcohol acts as a depressant causing muscles to relax. Thats why, most drunks walk away from car recks that sober people die in. Your muscles are loose and relaxed because your brain is opperating differently from the booze.

Think about it like this, at a dam on a river, when the dam is wide open the water flows through at regular speeds, when you drop the gate, the water speed increase and flows differently. Eventually when the gate is closed the water stops flowing. The gate symbolizes the depressent in the brain from the booze, too much and it stops.

However I love beer, :) so a couple of cold beers or drinks isn't bad for you, so they say.

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class." Choi, Hong Hi ITF Founder

You say that a couple wont do me any wrong but is that the number that one can drink, just 2, what will happen if i get messed up once a month and how much will it affect my trining? or it doesnt matter if i just do it ocassionally ?

I dont want you to think that im an alcoholic it is just to know and maybe to change my lifestyle for better, thank you for your answers :)