• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

WHO IS HANS PROSCH OF UNITED STUDIOS(USSD)

tigerclaw2

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

the story that i have gotten about why villari isnt mentioned on ussds webs ite or in manual is that when materra broke off from viallri (they started ussd together) there was some bad blood. so they more or less dont acknowledge each other.

not sure how true it is, but thats what i have heard.

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed."

-Booker T. Washington

• 1 year later...
This guy tried to sell me instructors college for $15,000!!!!!! Is this guy legit? I meen is he a real master? And when did he get his frist dan? Anybody else run across this high of karate instructors fees before?

He's listed as being a Master under Mattera. I have no idea when he got his first dan.

Why would anyone pay $15,000 for their instructor's college?

Can anyone here tell me how much one would expect to pay (a fair example) for instructor's college/academy? I've seen here the above question posed, but no example of what is considered reasonable tuition fees. I am new to MA, but I love it and am truly dedicated. Any response/help would be appreciated. :-? Yours truly in the arts,

peacefrog

This guy tried to sell me instructors college for $15,000!!!!!! Is this guy legit? I meen is he a real master? And when did he get his frist dan? Anybody else run across this high of karate instructors fees before?

He's listed as being a Master under Mattera. I have no idea when he got his first dan.

Why would anyone pay $15,000 for their instructor's college?

How much would one expect to pay for an instructor's academy?

• 8 months later...

Hi All,

I'm new on this forum, so be nice. :D

Let me start by saying that I am a 1st degree black belt out of USSD.

This thread breaks down to two things:

1) Who is Master Prosch and is he a real Master

2) Why does the instructor Academy cost so much

1) I really REALLY like the style. I looked around a lot before I started and I came here because of the style and the specific instructor. I have worked with Master Prosch over the last 4 years or so (in which he has been 5th degree the WHOLE time, so that 2 year/rank idea is not valid). He is an amazing martial artist. Scary good. When you test with him or have a class with him, you learn as much mentally as you do physically. He is absolutely worthy of the title. I would also throw in that he is a really nice guy. I have met several of the other Masters. Some nice, some not. Master Black scares the hell out of me.

2) The Academy. I have NOT joined the academy. I am already a SCUBA instructor and really have no desire to teach full time. The thing I really don't like about the Academy is that it is at that point that you REALLY realize that USSD is ALSO A BUSINESS. Whether I like it or not, it is. I don't like the business aspect of it. I don't like how they treat the red belts (Academy Members) as special people. I think it is disrespectful to those of us who really worked to get to where we are instead of getting into the Academy for advanced training. I do know that the insane cost of it includes all of your training as a martial artist. So add up your monthly fees for 4 years and that explains a little bit about why it is so much.

All in all, I really like the style. I feel fortunate to have found the instructors I have (Casey Paiz and Andy Swart - Both 2nd Dan), and I know that the system works. I can't say as much for all of the instructors. Unfortunately some aren't as good IMHO.

BTW: My son (8 years old, started at 4) is a 3rd degree brown belt (first of 3 brown belt ranks, they go backwards) and it has shown him so much more about himself than just playing video games would. Again, I attribute that greatly to the specific instructors.

SO Master Prosch = Master :)

Academy = $$$$ :-?

Yep.