• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

punching bags or dummies

does anybody here live in CA?

how do you have a punch bag in your house? if i put one the ceiling will collapse!!!

what do you guys use for practicing kicks and punches?

(your answer shouldnt have the word "hanging from the ceiling")

:)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah alot of modern houses have plaster cielings unfortunately. You are lucky in one regard...in that there are alternatives.

Currently on the market there are:

Standing heavy bags...where the base is weighted with water or sand. The only problem with these is that they may not move when you kick them which can be hard on your body and bad for jump kicks. If they aren't weight enough however they will move all over and you will spend alot of time just putting it back in place. I'm not a fan of these.

BOB. Century came out with a foam rubbereque half man called BOB that works like the standing heavy bags. These are good for picking targets on a real human but dont give the hardness of hitting a real human. I'm not a fan of these either.

They also have standing heavy bag holders. Lots of companies sell these. Basically its just a framework that sits on the ground and holds the hanging heavy bag. Drawbacks are they tend to be low. And kicking into them can be dangerous do to the dimensions of the frame. Century makes one called the cornerman which is specifically for karate tkd type heavy bag work. It looks like it would work well but Century isnt known for quality and I've never tried it so I can't say. It's also quite pricey. Hope this helps mantis.

Long Live the Fighters!

yah that's what i found in the market too

i dont even have much space to put the fram, and it looks like a mistake is deadly if i use one of those...

but thanks, at least im not missing anything :)

• 2 weeks later...

How about a wall bag? It might not be quite what you're looking for, but if you haven't got space for a freestanding bag or a hanging bag frame then it may be better than having nothing....

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I have a BOB in my living room. He serves the purpose for my semi small house. And I do like the fact that I can aim for targets with him. But his head (too soft) isn't realistic.
does training with "BOB" help you make your sparring game getter?
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

Try to find a ceiling joist, or the 2x6 boards that make up your ceiling. The framing will be sturdy enough to hang a bag from. Screw your bag bracket into it. Use a stud finder to find one.

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!

They are the 2in by 6in boards that the builders used to create your ceiling. The gyp board or sheet rock that is your ceiling has been nailed into these boards. If they haven't been, your ceililng would fall on you. It is a framework above your head.

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!