• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Stretching

Hey, I'm not a very limber guy, and I'm trying to get a higher kick, and more flexablity. In my art, we don't kick high any way, but I want to beable to if I want to. I've been trying for like a year now. And I'm still not as flexable as to do a hook kick to the head. Any one got any tips?? Any stretching exercises? any thing??? HELP?! :karate:

PS. I'm not fat, i'm skinny, and tall, so I should beable to be flexable right?

"Control your emotions, or they will control you"

Bruce Lee

What Belt am I? Black Belt, I wear it with my sunday outfit.

:-)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
well if you want to do the spilts you have to warm up everyday first them do some stretching intil after a long time you can finally do the splits. Well it's like that.

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

Hey SuperMinh, Give me an exampel of Dynamic stretching??

And static stretching. I think i know what Static stretching is, but not Dynamic stretching.

Bruce Lee

[ This Message was edited by: The JKD Kid on 2002-03-17 00:20 ]

Bruce Lee

What Belt am I? Black Belt, I wear it with my sunday outfit.

:-)

Dynamic Stretching is moving your joint through its whole range of movement. A great example of this is leg raises and leg swings. Do them gentle, 10 reps, front, side, and back, on each leg in the morning :smile:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

At the end of your training session when you are nice and warm try a sitting inner thigh strtech, a lying hamstring stretch, and a lying glute and adductor stretch. To develop flexibility here hold each stretch fot 20 seconds. Inhale and as you exgale takel the stretch a little further and hold for a further 30 seconds.

You should by able to find details of these stretches in books etc. If you can"t I could mail you some.

These work for me and my students.

2nd Dan Black Belt Karate 1st Dan Brithai

Cardio Kickboxing Coach and Professional fitness trainer based in Cambridgeshire England

JKD .... I am going to refer you to check some threads in the Health & Fitness Forum re: Dynamic Stretching. Click on SEARCH in toolbar and put Dynamic Stretching in ... and a bunch of threads pop up! Imagine that!!! Go to "Bouncing/Dynamic Stretching" that will most likely answer most of your questions!