• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My workout routine

CQC

Okay, so this is what I've got going so far. I currently weigh about 190lbs and I'm trying to turn some of my fat (I don't have much, but whatever) into muscle. I'm going for more of a "cut" look rather than bulky with super strength.

I drink roughly four litres of water a day.

My workout goes as follows:

Day 1: Biceps

Day 2: Chest

Day 3: Back

Day 4: Triceps

Day 5: Shoulders/Legs

I usually do abs every other day and cardio every other day. I think I may be overtraining my abs, but I'm not sure (no soreness, weakness, etc.).

My day goes something like this:

Wake up (6am): Protein Shake w/cup of oatmeal, or a bowl of cereal with nuts and yogurt. I drink it all within the first hour of waking up. I mix the protein powder with Grapefruit Juice. I've heard that it boosts your sugar levels, and your pancreas will produce higher levels of insulin, which helps drive protein/essential stuff into your muscles, as opposed to letting it be wasted. (Is this true? The little research I've done shows that it is.)

Snack: Granola bar. Big glass/bottle of water.

Lunch (12-1:30): Pasta (Brown/whole grain)/Tuna/Fish/Chicken/Turkey, Handful of nuts (almonds, walnuts, etc), some veggies.

Snack: Yogurt, Apple/grapefruit/Bananna.

Work out (4-6): I mix protein with Grapefruit Juice. I drink half before I work out, and half after.

Dinner: Red Meat, Chicken, Noodles. Keeping the portions small.

What do you guys think of everything? I haven't lifted regularly for about a year or so and am trying to get back into it. Any useful comments are appreciated.

"Beware the fury of a patient man."

- John Dryden

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, first, about the abs, i dont think your overworking them, im pretty sure you can work them every day and still be safe (i know i do, and i never experience pain/weakness or anything). Also, i think it would be better if you worked two mucle groups at a time, leaving a day between each, im not entirely sure what it is your doing, but i think if your doing heavy weights this is a better way to be doing it (might only be for bulking up, not getting "cut" though, not entirely sure).

Also, i assume your over 18, but if you arent, dont work too hard on the weights, not good for a developing body. But you sound over 18, so yeah.

1 more thing... you said you want to get a "cut" look than than bulky with super strength, you probably already know this but I think its better if you work with lots of repetitions of light weight if you dont want bulk. Not entirely sure, but you might wanna check up on this.

Hope i was some help to you, but im no health expert, so if your gunna take any of my advice, you might wanna double check that im right first :P anyway, good luck with acheiving your goals.

Hey, first, about the abs, i dont think your overworking them, im pretty sure you can work them every day and still be safe (i know i do, and i never experience pain/weakness or anything). Also, i think it would be better if you worked two mucle groups at a time, leaving a day between each, im not entirely sure what it is your doing, but i think if your doing heavy weights this is a better way to be doing it (might only be for bulking up, not getting "cut" though, not entirely sure).

Also, i assume your over 18, but if you arent, dont work too hard on the weights, not good for a developing body. But you sound over 18, so yeah.

1 more thing... you said you want to get a "cut" look than than bulky with super strength, you probably already know this but I think its better if you work with lots of repetitions of light weight if you dont want bulk. Not entirely sure, but you might wanna check up on this.

Hope i was some help to you, but im no health expert, so if your gunna take any of my advice, you might wanna double check that im right first :P anyway, good luck with acheiving your goals.

ditto

How many blosom's are on that tree?

It is impossible to count,

The number's continuoulsy change.

you should change your lunch for your dinner -

meat at lunch, to keep you full longer and pasta and veggies at night, so you dont eat too much fat at night.

If you drink soda, and/or beer, lose it.

Bring ur training up a notch. consult ur instructor or a gym to help u tone up more.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

is it actually true that if you have a certain amount of sugar and other things unhealthy without moderation like a chocolate bar will make you lose 20 percent of your days workout in muscle mass?

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

is it actually true that if you have a certain amount of sugar and other things unhealthy without moderation like a chocolate bar will make you lose 20 percent of your days workout in muscle mass?
wierd..... i never heard of this. anyone else know?

Im brasilian, but live in the united states. Really enjoying martial arts.

I never heard anything like that either. A chocalate bar wont hurt, in fact there are actually antioxidants in chocalate, that when concumed in moderation, can actually be helpful I read about the benefits of hot cocoa and I will look and see if I still have the article somewhere.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

I agree. You can work abs every day and still be OK. I also agree that you should pair up your lifts and give yourself a day inbetween lifts to rest and allow muscle repair. For example, still take the protein that you usually do, even on the rest days, but pair up the lifts, like chest with biceps, shoulders and back, then legs, etc., but your muscles need a break to repair themselves. Also, by giving yourself a rest inbetween lifts, your body will be able to store more glycogen in the muscles to give you more energy for your next lift.

I, too, am not an expert, this is just my opinion. Also, lifting heavy doesn't always mean bulk: by decreasing your body fat, the muscles will be easier to see, creating that "cut" look. Lifting lighter weights with higher repitition creates more muscle endurance than strength, though.

I agree. You can work abs every day and still be OK. I also agree that you should pair up your lifts and give yourself a day inbetween lifts to rest and allow muscle repair. For example, still take the protein that you usually do, even on the rest days, but pair up the lifts, like chest with biceps, shoulders and back, then legs, etc., but your muscles need a break to repair themselves. Also, by giving yourself a rest inbetween lifts, your body will be able to store more glycogen in the muscles to give you more energy for your next lift.

I, too, am not an expert, this is just my opinion. Also, lifting heavy doesn't always mean bulk: by decreasing your body fat, the muscles will be easier to see, creating that "cut" look. Lifting lighter weights with higher repitition creates more muscle endurance than strength, though.

waht do you mean lifting less weight at more repetitions? they will make your muscles show more?

Im brasilian, but live in the united states. Really enjoying martial arts.

less weight at higher reps, makes your muscles more effiecint, and hence, increase stamina like kaminari said.

to get your muscles to 'show more' you need to get rid of any excess flab, by aerobic training (running, cycling, swimming) for 30 mins 3-5 times a week

If you have just read the above message and agree with it then you may worship me as the best thing since sliced bread.

Of course if you don't agree then hey, i'm a crazed lunatic and you should ignore my insane ramblings.