• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Jump Height

Smitty

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have done a lot of training on this perticular subject and can tell you that nothing beats a load of about 1.5x your body weight and a step of some sort and start pushing. Thats for the lower part which is vital for jumping. As for the tighs i preffer "half crouch" also a load of 1.5x your body weight or more if possible a straight back and crouch away :)

But dont expect results on day 1 cause it takes some time but the results last a long long time. My legs are still muscular as hell and i ve been out of high jumping ( athletics ) for 4 years now.

I really dont think that jumping is needed in MA , ok for show maybe but any practical use is tough to find in aerobatic techniques.

Kempo Arnis Slovenia - Training under sensei Borut Kincl begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting ( 6. DAN RKK, 1.DAN Modern arnis ... )

Blab of Buyseech - My blog for Martial Arts and Marketing

Are there any people here that have tried Air Alert III and have gained inches in their vertical leap off of it? I heard that people who have tried it overtrain so their vertical is lower. Can you clear this up for me?

"Real men don't fear pain and thus cannot be controlled."

-Fight Club

When training u must also know that there are different kinds of leaps. In high jumping the footwork and the jump itself is way different than lets say normal jumping in basketball. Before i started athletics i could dunk a basketball with ease but when i started training i got used to the high jumping style and could barelly touch the hoop ( a major difference is a 2 leg or 1 leg jumping technique. )

So its not all about muscle and power but technique also.

Kempo Arnis Slovenia - Training under sensei Borut Kincl begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting ( 6. DAN RKK, 1.DAN Modern arnis ... )

Blab of Buyseech - My blog for Martial Arts and Marketing

Are there any people here that have tried Air Alert III and have gained inches in their vertical leap off of it? I heard that people who have tried it overtrain so their vertical is lower. Can you clear this up for me?

As with any plyometric routine it is entirely possible to over train as these types of routines are very taxing on the body . Before any such routine is started there should be a pre-existing strength/fitness base that should be relatively high . If that base level does not exist than you are opening yourself up to an increased risk of over trainning and injury . The program did increase my vertical jump , but , I started the program , stopped and then proceeded to follow a six week strengthening and flexability program before I started the Air Alert III program once again . Each person fitness level will vary so the amount of prep time will also vary from person to person.

We are not so much individual beings as individual points of perception within one immense being.

The best exercises you can do are olympic lifting and practicing jumping. But olympic lifting is more important, OLY lifters have the highest jumps around.

Joshua Brehm

-When you're not practicing remember this; someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you meet them, they will beat you.

• 2 months later...

Yo, this is that guy from xanga. But anyway, a good excersize is to get an box or something and DROP off of it and then right away jump back up. It works best the lest time spent on the ground although i dont realyl do this excersize because its not good to do ifyour still growing. Also, if you believe in and use chi at yoru school try talking to your martial arts isntructor. Mine todl me to keep my chi light and imagine it as though i'm floating like a leaf up into the air and just send my chi up. Whevener i do a new sport at my school, i go to my sensei and ask him for advice on how to do better because one of his beliefs is that martial arts isnt only the art of fighting but the art of movement.

There is a story of this olympic snow board who was snowboard across teh world (not litterally, but you get wha ti mean) and he met this monk who had never snowboarded in his life and was able to teach him how to snowboard better. I forget the name of the book but if you search in google long enough you will find the book about that guy but id ont know if thats in it, but it probably is.

Focus

• 3 weeks later...

Plyometrics and squats. Every other day you should do calf raises till failure, normal stand still jumps till failure, and box jumps till failure--2 sets of each. The days after this you should try maybe 3 sets of high weight squats. BUT DON'T OVER DO IT!! I used to do intensive leg training and although I eventually did improve (8 inches on vertical) I started out by working too hard too often. By the way, results don't happen quickly; took me about 1 year and a half till I reached my goal at the time.

Seek not and you will find. -Lao Tsu