• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cheesy 80s/early 90s martial arts movies.

You know the ones: Best of the Best, Karate Kid III, Ring of Fire (and any other Don "The Dragon" Wilson movie), any movie with Cynthia Rothrock, Delta Force, The Last Dragon, Revenge of the Ninja, American Ninja, and others!

It's time to celebrate this "they're so bad they're good" movies! They're chock full of bad acting, low budgets, fast kicks, no plots, tons of punches, and a load of testosterone.

Three cheers for these classics!

Also don't forget: Kickboxer, Gymkata, Only the Strong, The Perfect Weapon, Showdown (starring the kickboxing janitor Billy Blanks), and so many others!

List your favorite cheesy 80s/90s martial arts movie!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Am I the prettiest"

"SHO NUFF"

"Am I the baddest"

"SHO NUFF"

I loved barry gordon's The Last Dragon

Do or Do Not, There is No Try

- Yoda

OMG my grandma just bought me a box set of 50 thats right 50! 70's/80's/90's Kung Fu DVD's for 20 bucks, thes are the cheesiest of all time the only ones in there that I have heard of were the Streetfighter and Sister Streetfighter movies

"Without Jiu Jitsu its like without my two legs."

-Rickson Gracie

https://www.myspace.com/cobraguard

These movie are my favourite type of movies - entertaining.

I'm fairly certain these are also my favs! I've recently started burn...ahem renting these on DVD.

I just saw "The Octagon." It was extra cheesy but I never knew Chuck Norris' kicks were so bad in the early 80s! His wheel kick barely got to the person's chin!

• 2 weeks later...

actually, i find blood sport to be utter trash, especially since it was presented as a true story. mostly, i love the soundtrack. KUMITE! KUMITE! KUMITE!

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

actually, i find blood sport to be utter trash, especially since it was presented as a true story. mostly, i love the soundtrack. KUMITE! KUMITE! KUMITE!

It's not great but I still don't consider it trash. I just looked it up on imdb.com and it got over a 5.0. To me that's not utter trash. ;) Some of my favs got under a 3.0!