• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

UFC vs K-1

Which do you think is better ? which has more influence on martial arts ( modern and traditional ) ? which has the best fighters ? k-1 top fighters vs UFC's top fighters , who will win the day ??

UFC : Ultimate GROUND Fighting championship .

K-1 : Best kickboxers around , some of the best MMA fighters .

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are pretty different. UFC draws a lot of grapplers/submission fighters because it's essentially no holds barred. K-1 draws less of the submission crowd and more of the kickboxing crowd.

I wouldn't want to fight Bob Sapp, that's for sure...

Which do you think is better ? which has more influence on martial arts ( modern and traditional ) ? which has the best fighters ? k-1 top fighters vs UFC's top fighters , who will win the day ??

UFC : Ultimate GROUND Fighting championship .

K-1 : Best kickboxers around , some of the best MMA fighters .

I think UFC is better because its mixed martial arts. There are some events in UFC, however, that have been poor fight cards. K-1 rarely has a card thats not exciting.

I think UFC definately had more of an impact on martial arts, simply because people had always assumed that the best fighters were those who knew how to fight on their feet. Most grappling arts were also written off as sports and not fighting systems.

UFC clearly has better fighters, simply because they're more well rounded, but no one will deny K-1's supremecy on striking. Top fighters in MMA vs top fighters in K-1- under MMA rules MMA fighters win, under K-1 rules, K-1 fighters win.

UFC is also NOT the ultimate Ground fighting championship. So many people think that all UFC is is a bunch of wrestlers. The bottom line is that groundfighting isnt a style of combat, its a phase of combat. There are PLENTY of strikers in UFC that do quite well- Tim Sylvia, Cabbage, Jens Pulver, to name a few. Lets also not forget that the current Light Heavyweight Champion in Chuck Liddel prefers a strikers game to a grapplers game.

There are a few K-1 fighers who have made the successful transition to MMA- Mark Hunt and Mirko Cro Cop to name some. But there are others, such as Stefan Leko, who have performed less than admirable.

K-1 IMO, Has some of the best stand up fighters in the world. But UFC has got some of the best grapplers around. Its really hard to compare the two, Like Subgrappler said if its k-1 fighting k-1 rules, the k-1 fighter will win and vice versa with UFC guys. and BTW Bob sapp is a very poor fighter, he wins simply because of his massive size 6'5 or something 370+ Lbs... Its like fighting a dumpster, But Cro-Cop beat him with a strike to the face, lol it looked like sapp was crying when he fell to the mat

~ You first mistake is to underestimate ~

I honestly think that k-1 would be interesting to a tradionalt martial arts guy, but UFC is just for the up and coming new tech generation

I am here to get stronger in physical, mental and ki strength.

Amd also K-1 now has MMA events also

Its not very often though- their MMA events will most likely never be as good as Pride's.

K-1 is much bigger than Pride though, and as a result, they have a much greater source of income and can pay to have fights happen in K-1 that Pride couldnt afford. Matches with Rickson and Royce will always draw crowds, but neither will fight if they arent being paid a substantial amount of money (which K-1 has and Pride doesnt).

I personaly think that MMA fights are just more interesting than purely stand up fights like K-1 because of all the different aspects of the fight

"Without Jiu Jitsu its like without my two legs."

-Rickson Gracie

https://www.myspace.com/cobraguard