• advertisement_alt

Water

Menjo

Water?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Water?

• Water
    • Powerade/Gatorade

have you all forgotten that the original purpose of gatorade WAS TO MAKE FOOTBALL PLAYERS THIRSTY? If I am trying to survie, the last think I want to do is be in a situation where I am craving MORE water, because it may already be in limited supply, depending on where I am stranded.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

agreed, its not really mentioned anywhere or that i see that its supposed to make you thristy so alot of people i know dont know that

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

yup. gatorade was actually an experiment. the coach (at the time) of the florida gators was complaining because his players wouldn't drink enough water... he thought they would dehydrate. So he talked to a group of people about making a drink that they would enjoy, that secretly made them thristy. The result was gatorade. The increased sodium increased their need/desire for water.

Water for everyday living - Gatorade in the desert.

Every timely action will bring results ... Without difficulty. Every untimely endeavor will fail ... If the moment is premature or if the right moment is missed. - The Tree Poem

gatorade makes u have to use the restroom more often which depleats ur hydration/sodium(i think) level so in any situation definetly water, even though gatorade does replace carbs

Don't block with your face.

--Soo Bahk

Gatorade has sugar in it, watered down juice in my opinion. I'd pick water.

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class." Choi, Hong Hi ITF Founder

• 1 month later...
yup. gatorade was actually an experiment. the coach (at the time) of the florida gators was complaining because his players wouldn't drink enough water... he thought they would dehydrate. So he talked to a group of people about making a drink that they would enjoy, that secretly made them thristy. The result was gatorade. The increased sodium increased their need/desire for water.

Thats cool i never knew that, thanks. Why do adds say its works better, because i really dont think it does?

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

What??

Do you have a reference for this? There isn't enough sodium in gatorade to make you thirstier relative to the sodium levels in body fluid.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player