• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any shaolin Kempo people out there?

Adonis

very true those are good techniqaues. I also like to add in wrestling techinques. techniques were you go to wrap the body going for leg sweep. I think its simular to iron broom. single leg and double legs are good also as the ones you mentioned.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

drunken master,

Thats good I like some of the sweeps they show in shaolin kenpo but I find them harder to pull off on an opponent when were sparring and close to the same level or if the person is higher skill level.

I find the wreslting take downs a higher percentage to use for me for now until I work out the other techniques with more practice and ways to set them up to make them more effective.

Those sweeps are much harder with the higher ranks as they expect them all the time! The trick to sweeping someone in sparring is stepping past them (just slightly with your body like you are going to takel them) and hooking an iron leg behind both their feet. Natural instincts is to step back when someone is in your face, but there is no where to step with your foot there. As they start to stumble, a ridgehand to the chest will do the trick.

But like you said, if you can get on the inside, the wrestling moves have a higher success rate.

Fu sheng wu lian tianzun

2nd Dan - Shaolin Kempo

Drunken Master's Classic Kung Fu Theater | DojoZen.com

iron leg is that were you keep your leg straight and put it behind both legs or frong leg nad kick back sweeping them? I thought that was the hock down. I thought the iron broom was when you take your lead leg and hook there front leg pulling it into you take tehre balance and pushing them off balance that way.

those techniques are hard if your opponent is back up or going away from you at an angle. basically your opponent is running away from you. so how you deal with that?

• 9 months later...
thats good. I just wanted to ask. because I know as in shaolin kenpo least villari's linage

Lineage talk, good stuff. For the complete lineage of Villari, you have to go a lot farther back than just Nick Cerio...

Choki Motobu (Shuri-Te) -> James Mitose (Kosho-Ryu Kempo) -> William K.S. Chow (Chinese Kara-Ho Kempo) -> Adriano Emperado (Kajukenbo) -> Sijo Victor "Sonny" Gascon (Karazenpo Go Shinjutsu, where the original kata and combinations taught in Villari's system came from) -> George Pesare -> Nick Cerio (Cerio's Kenpo Karate) -> Fred Villari (Shaolin Kempo Karate).

It should be noted that Villari, while a great Martial Artist, never made it past a probationary Nidan (2nd Degree) rank under Nick Cerio when he broke off and created the form called "Sho Tang Kwok", after which creating, he then promoted himself to 10th Degree Black Belt. Nevertheless, he's a good Martial Artist, though his business tactics leave something to be desired :wink:

~Shaun E. Seifer

Founder - Tenchi Bujutsu

Godan - Shaolin Kempo/Karazenpo Go Shinjutsu & Kempo Jutsu-Kai

http://www.idmaa.com