Adonis

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

drunken master or octopic. You guys have any particular forms you like.

There are a few different forms that I really like.

1-Kata -- Basically it's the first form where the style really starts to show. You're really putting cominations of strikes together against different types of attacks.

2-Man Fist Set -- It's really neat to have both sides of a form (not all SKK lineages teach this form)

6-Kata -- It's called the "Iron Lung" form for a reason. You get quite a workout doing it.

I guess is many ways I'm mor partial to the Kempo stuff. However, I'm really just starting to get into the Kung Fu aspects, so maybe you should ask me this question again in 5 years or so.

We have 23-A and 23-B. 23-A is with a body-throw while 23-B is an inverted spearhand to the throat; so we may have them numbered different. How does your 23 begin?

Mine: (for A & B)

Step to the left of the punch, grabbing it with an arm trap, using your elbow to break theirs...

Fu sheng wu lian tianzun

2nd Dan - Shaolin Kempo

Drunken Master's Classic Kung Fu Theater | DojoZen.com

Anybody have combo 23 with a downward left knife hand on your right palm? :-?

I don't have a version like that, though I've seen about 7 different versions of this combination. Officially I have two versions of 23.

23-A trap and pull them into simultaneous knife hand strikes

23-B redirect the punch, simultaneous tigers (groin, face), rip up and down, remove voice box with inverted twisting eagle's claw.

The body throw is taught by a lot of people as either 23-C or 23-A depending on your exact lineage. I've seen it, but don't officially have it. Most people don't seem to have the 23-B that I have (I've shown it to masters who claim they'd never seen that version before). My guess is that the 23-B that I have was a west-coast special. There is some advantage to having had instructors from both the west and east coast lineages. It means that I've seen more of the combination variations. However, it's also meant that I've had to relearn my combinations a few times :)

The 23-B you have is pretty much like mine. Trap (and break the elbow), tiger claws (left to the face, right to the grion), then use the right hand to break the arm again (at the wrist) and left comes up for a spearhand to the throat).

So it seems to begin pretty close to the same.

Fu sheng wu lian tianzun

2nd Dan - Shaolin Kempo

whats the worse combo you guys didn't like. I forgot the names of alot alot of them been awhile been a few years since I did shaolin Kempo. I mostly been studying bjj lately.

we had one were attacker throws a right punch. you you guide it in wth r forearm grab with same hand. then do a jump front ball kick and back kick same time with the other leg. for when two people come at you. I never liked that one. I think it was number 13 or 14 combination. could be 16. its been awhile since I did the combo's.

That is Combination #14. We adjusted it to do a left-knife hand block, grab the arm and pull them into you as you do the scissor kick.

The one I dislike the most is probably combination #35. It is so weak. Parry block and trap the punch, palm to the elbow and face and add a side kick. For a 2nd degree combination, it is an incrediblly weak move!

Fu sheng wu lian tianzun

2nd Dan - Shaolin Kempo

which hand is the attacker punching you first and what hand do you parry. Is the attacker punching with his right hand are you doing an inward parry with the left hand. I have hard time seeing the technique you described in my mind can you go into more detail about it.