• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I got my belt tonight!

UsagiYojimbo

It was funny, because they spring it on you, so you never know when it will be. It just so happened that I had invited a friend to come to class with me tonight. Then, when we usually take our break, the senseis had us all line up on either side of the dojo. Then they called the other white belt besides me up front and center. My friend was like, "What are they doing?" and got shushed by my sensei, so I just shrugged my shoulders and tried to whisper, "Test". Then she was like, "I've got to go now, I have to be somewhere at 9," while this other person is getting tested. So she asked and left before I went up.

It was much quicker than I expected. They just had us do the 1st kata and the drill we had learned, then lined us up and announced we had both passed! In fact, they said we did exceptionally well. :D So, I'm a happy orange belt now. Well, not technically, I don't have my belt yet. But soon!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Congrats! Keep working...it's only the beginning...all the cliche stuff everybody else will say.

Keep having fun, whatever you chose to do!

Maybe learn a bit, too. :wink: :brow: :wink:

Peace;

Parkerlineage

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

Grats on your rank. That old white belt will mean a lot more to you as you continue your studies, however. Hold onto it:)

"What do you tell a guy with two black eyes?-nothing. Somebody's already told him. Twice."

• 2 weeks later...

Same here, well done. keep pushing yourself further. You may get times when you feel you're not progressing but that won't last and soon you'll be on a higher level than before. Again congrats!!

The past got us here and leaving it alone was the only way I could be sure we'd never have to live through this nightmare again.