• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Unified MMA Championship

Hypothetical question:

If a match could be staged with rules similar to the first few UFC's today, in which all of the heavyweight contenders and champions from all of the major tournaments (UFC, Pride, Abu Dhabi, etc.) competed, who would win the world championship?

Also, do you think that there's the possibility of a unification bout between any of the larger organizations any time in the future? Do any of them have regulations allowing for the use of different rulesets (Pride's seem to be fairly good, except for the lack of elbows--maybe this changed recently but the last I heard it hadn't).

Anyway, thank you for your time.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

would have to agree with both of those.... i think simply because of the aim of teh MMA leagues and the ideas behind them, people will want a larger competition base... but there will always be those groups that fear joining together for whatever reason.

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard that both Chuck Lidell and Randy Cotour want a piece of Wanderlei Silva, maybe Pride and UFC could do it so that the winner could unify the titles

"Without Jiu Jitsu its like without my two legs."

-Rickson Gracie

https://www.myspace.com/cobraguard

• 3 weeks later...

I think that Wanderlei silva is one of the best fighters and if there was a unification he would win both chuck "the iceman" liddel and Randy "the natural" Couture, but i am really a very big fan of Vitor Belfort (the old) because i dont know what happens to him in some fights :S. But if he could be as explosive as he was he would be the BEST! :)