• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Scernio, What would you do

Did you like this topic, do you want more scernios?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like this topic, do you want more scernios?

• Yes, You should do more
    • No, you should not do another one
    • Yes, but donot do annother one
    • No, but do another one

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

once you have trained many years in fighting you should be aware of the concept of "telegraphing", the ability to know what technique an opponent is going to throw by body language and movements.

The abiliy to tell if a person is trained in the arts comes from the same concept of telegraphing, by viewing a person and watching their body movements you can tell how that person can hold their own in a fight, it is not a guaranteed 100%, but generally speaking you can watch the amount of pressure that the place on each step, whether they step hard or gracefully, how perceptive they appear to be by looking at their surroundings, how confident they are compared to a normal unskilled person that will show fear regardless due to lack of experience, there are many factors and ways to tell how trained someone is, yet this also leads to another ability by learning how to mask your skill and give the appearance that you are a normal person with little to no skill, simply by making your movements look unprofessional or graceful, hope this helps clear up this small misunderstanding, and I hope that this is what the author was implying in his post.

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

I think granmasterchen brings a strong argument and I agree. However in a situation like that I would run if they had weapons and if i was forced to fight I would take the three attacking myself(assuming I could) and help the other guy maybe...i dont have a cell but i would certsinly let someone know what is going on.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

• 2 weeks later...

(teoredicly) If they sorounde you and you had to fight I would use the P.I.A. (progressive indirect attack) on the ones that were "semi" trained ie: fake a jab then shuffle kick to the nether regions thenI would probably be on the grond with the third guy on top of me so i would tryto work for an arm bar

(realisticly) I may be able to incapacitate the firs guy thn the next two would takle me and knock the s*** out of me

"Without Jiu Jitsu its like without my two legs."

-Rickson Gracie

https://www.myspace.com/cobraguard

we all would love to drop the 3 then drop the other 2. but if uve got those 3..and they surround u..assuming ur not smart enough to run like he...the wind lol..their 2 other buddies can join in. now im confident in my skills, but 5 guys well theyd jus beat me to the ground. im no bruce lee..and they dont come in at 1 at a time for me to attack lol. honestly if u were stuck and couldnt get out i would look around for a handy weapon. anything hanging around that was loose and heavy. pipe tree branch w.e u had. u never know.

2nd Dan Soo Bahk Do. Dan Bon - 36884

This is a really unlikely scenario. I'd probably try and go over to the guy getting jacked (at least putting some distance between the other 3 guys and myself) and see what I could do there...at least I'd dial 911 and get some cops to the scene. If the other 3 guys were going to try and rob me, I'd probably just give them what they want. If they were going to try and beat on my, I'd rip off a car antenna and try and defend myself...at least until the cops showed up.

To answer your poll, I'd say come up with more realistic scenarios that don't sound like a 10-year-old's fantasy (which is what that one sounded like to me). It sounds similar to "if two karate guys were going to fight two kung fu guys and then a BJJ guy came in who would win?"

• 3 weeks later...

maybe u knew the guys behind you and thats how you knew they new some MA

anyways, if i knew which two were trained, i would take out the bigger/tougher looking one (if i could) hopefully the other two would then give me a wide berth.....or run, then id help out the guy who was being mugged

"We follow the World,

The World follows Heaven,

Heaven follows Tao,

Tao follows the way things are."