• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Constant Weight Training Increase Ki/Chi/Qi/Reiki energy

Clarence

If all you needed to do is increase your muscle mass to increase your chi then that means body builder are chi gong masters...

Exactly, they are not Qigong masters and many of them are not that healthy either, whereas most if not all real qigong masters radiate health.

Actually that kind of muscle mass actually inhibits the flow of chi, that is why resistance training, where one builds maximum definition with minimum muscle mass, is regarded by many traditional kung fu schools as the best kind of exercise, together with regular and extensive chi kung training of course.

Use your time on an art that is worthwhile and not on a dozen irrelevant "ways".

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you, but i was just curious as to how you do that? I dont know if what i'm doing is working. I mean i guess it is, but i dont want to become some huge muscle man guy, i just want to make myself strong, not huge. So yeah, just curious as to what good excersizes are.

Focus

I agree with you, but i was just curious as to how you do that? I dont know if what i'm doing is working. I mean i guess it is, but i dont want to become some huge muscle man guy, i just want to make myself strong, not huge. So yeah, just curious as to what good excersizes are.

You can do some easy resistance training exercises, such as getting into the press up position and holding it at various levels as long as you can. If you have access to to a horizontal suspended bar you can do chin ups in various hand positions. You can also go on all fours and do the "crawl" where only your hands and feet/legs are touching the ground. There are various types of these exercises based on the Shaolin Animals training. E.g. doing it like a tiger or a lizard. Anyway it may be best to talk to an instructor about the latter exercises.

Good Luck

Use your time on an art that is worthwhile and not on a dozen irrelevant "ways".

I have been practicing and researching the internal arts for over a decade, and the external arts, my entire life it seems.

I can say that in those 25 or more years, hardly have I ever heard that an internalist say they need to worry about muscle size.

The only strength conditioning I have found has come from the ongoing presence of push hands.

Power comes from and is manifested from within.

The muscles are involved, true, but it's not size

that matters.

It is how well you have cultivated your qi, and how efficient you are at turning it into useful qi, or jing...

Such as that used when you striking another person, especially in specific pressure point areas.

Take care.

It's not how hard you train, it's how smart you train that counts!

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...