• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Constant Weight Training Increase Ki/Chi/Qi/Reiki energy

Clarence

:idea: Weight training increases ki energy is absolutly right. I am going to tell you how it is right. Now your body has enough ki to make it run smooth. Now when you put on 40kg of weight (training vest) your body has to compensate that weight, so when you get that feeling of you don't feel the weight on you. And you could do ever thing you did before the weight, your body's ki has increase. So as long as you increase weight your body will have to have more ki to sustain it self and make you healthy. Now when you have taken off the weight you will feel what i call overki. That is when your body has alot more ki, then your body needs. That is when you get the feeling of being lighter or faster because 1) You are quite faster than you was before2) you are stronger because of the overki 3)this is the most important one:You maybe able to harness that overki and make it into an attack expample. kamehame wave, spirit gun. :kaioken:

Hmmm Where did you get this information, the Southern and Northen style of Kung Fu very very much disapproved of heavy weights in training. Everything from kicking to punching was based on speed. If one were to take up serious lifting and increase muscle in arms and legs the flexablity and speed greatly goes downhill.

Saying that training the physical body to lift weights will increase ones ki energy flow is like saying that reading a book will train a persons ability to jump higher....they have absolutly nothing to do with each other. Soon as the world learns that the spiritual energies share no laws or functions common with physical objects and ideas the training of a young mind could begin.

This is why most Kung Fu Grandmaster and Master is very very skinny and looks like they have only 11 inch arms yet they can use thier Ki or Chi to push back cars and lift them. Demonstrations of energy strength are exercised by building ki, not by trying to actualy lift a car or super heavy weight everyday. Only once one becomes a master of Ki and shows and demonstrates thier ability to do superhuman things do they take up demos proving superpowerful weightlifting.

Also before you comment on Japanese ideas of ki know that I study very heavily in the Japanese applications of Ki which were also done in a chinese like manner. Although Japanese methods in Martial Arts did include lifting men, pushups, chinups and stones on bars it was intended to increase lift strength for throwing and crushing in the hands, not for Ki energy.

What most people don't like to admit or agree with is that weight lifting is very very bad for energy training even in India who demonstrate the most remarkable superhuman feats in my opinon they never power lift weights.

What you have done is confuse cartoons with a real energy force.

and you have confussed Physical apperance with energy reception

Stop watching DBZ ....its a great cartoon but it's not a biography or history report for martial arts or energy training what so ever. I am sorry to those that gave thier hours of training up to power lifting weights. You are relying on physical attributes to do that - not spiritual energy.

Training to smile and laugh 1 time per day will give you 100 fold the Ki power then training to lift 5 times your weight nonstop everyhour. Think about it.

To become the greatest warrior, one needs to train beyond the physical and into the spiritual becoming supernatural. It is then that the warrior will know that he is indeed not the greatest, but just awakened.

https://www.manabimasho.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I do sit ups (or kinda sit ups, but close enough to sit ups) every night.

Could anyone tell me if would that be bad for my chi, cause if it is i am going to stop.

But yeah lifting weights from the logical viewpoint that i can think of is bad for your chi becuase it makes you use only your muscle and you get used to using yoru muscles only and it could probably start to block your flow of chi if you do constant wiegth training wher eyou get used to using muscle power to move.

Focus

i'm sorry, but this is not true. Muscle mass interrupts the person's ability to focus on using leverage, sensitivity, and balance. It does this because it encourages the 'use' of raw force.

So, for internal art training purposes, it is best not to develop muscle mass. But, if you are already proficient in the internal arts, and have mastered the basics, developing muscle mass is not going to hinder your training... or interfere with this little 'undefined' concept called chi.

Just to make it clear... chi is not magic. Indeed, it is not anything. It is a concept distorted by snake-oil sellers and by the unknowing. And most Westerners fall into the unknowing. This is not a knock on Westerners, it is merely a thing that needs to be understood. Westerners were brought up with the studies of physics and scientific study. Chi is a concept that 'explains' how things work, and which later became the basis for Chinese (and other) studies. I.e., things worked (like 'some' acupuncture) and it was associated with the flow or disruption of chi.

If you examine the concepts of chi, you'll notice there are many similarities with that of matter/energy. In my opinion, these similarities brings about more 'faith' in the concept of chi as a viable understanding. In China and surrounding nations, chi was their basis for study... their physics if you will. Because of this, attempting to perceive chi 'hand-in-hand' with the Western studies... makes little sense, and thus Westerners tend to percieve chi as something tangible, yet intangible. A 'hidden' energy, rather than a 'concept' of how things work... or don't work.

Thanks for your time in reading this.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Thanks for posting that. Now i know i dont need to worry about getting stronger from excerisizes. And your right about chi not being so mystical and stuff, but its more fun to believe in it, so i choose to. But you do hvae a good point and i understand it and your probably right, i just like the concept of chi so i stick by it.

Focus

i'm sorry, but this is not true.

As someone who practices in an "internal" school of Wing Chun I disagree with you and will stress that what I said about weight training stands. My sifu has practiced this Wing Chun for many years and follows its particular theories and concepts which work for him and his advanced students and disciples.

Ultimately, however, we choose our own particular ways based on what we believe to be reality. So if you belief in training is contrary to mine and if it works for you, then good luck.

Just to make it clear... chi is not magic.

No one said that it was. However, there is, literally, more to it than meets the eyes.

Use your time on an art that is worthwhile and not on a dozen irrelevant "ways".

• 3 months later...

I dont think the topic starter was talking about liftin weights,...but instead wearing weights

hes saying if you wore 20 pounds on you day and night untill you didnt feel it anymore, would you feel lighter and faster and feel like you have more energy when you took the weight off