• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Drunken Master

Hello-

Looks like this is the place to introduce myself...

For a little history, I began training in 1984 in Kenpo Karate. I studied a few years and then took a long break through college. Getting back into it, I achieved Black Belt and became an instructor.

I am currently 2nd Dan in Shaolin Kenpo and preparing for my 3rd Dan test. I teach classes 3 days a week and train every day. I will most likely open a school in the next few years to continue our style.

I love training and study many styles, though I do not go for rank in the other styles. I believe knowledge is power.

Also, I am a huge fan of the "Classic Kung Fu" movies and started a little website dedicated to them (to occupy my time!).

I look forward to learning from everyone in these forums as I grow in Martial Arts.

Fu sheng wu lian tianzun

2nd Dan - Shaolin Kempo

Drunken Master's Classic Kung Fu Theater | DojoZen.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to the forum and im a little new to MA in general is Shaolin Kenpo like a mix of Karate and Shaolin Kung Fu?

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless like water. When you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup; when you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle; when you put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow- or it can crash. Be water my friend. ~Bruce Lee

To be honest, it is about 70% American Kenpo, 10% Shaolin (stances, forms and techniques) and then about 20% other styles blended in (Jui Jitsu, Aikido, Mui Thai...). My school likes to take some of the best from all forms and blend them in.

I am a huge fan of Shaolin styles, so when I teach, I bring in what I have learned (forms, drills, etc).

Fu sheng wu lian tianzun

2nd Dan - Shaolin Kempo

Drunken Master's Classic Kung Fu Theater | DojoZen.com

• 2 weeks later...