• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Marine Corps Martial Arts

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Marine Corps martial arts program is a good fighting system, but it is taught in marine corps manner. usally not in ur spare time. they try and get as many people to make "grade" as soon as possible to meet quotas. therefore i dont believe the total benefit of the program is ever learned. when u do get some spare time in the corps ur not gonna want to spend it rolling around with other marines. I was in the corps for 10 yrs as a sniper and have been studying uechi-ryu karate on okinawa for 18 yrs. there is no comparasion to a traditional style of karate, but it is not a bad system.

even though it might not be the most traditional of styles in the core. I would think any kind of training would be better than none at all. Plus The brazilian jujitsu will only give you more tools to choose from. I say go for it.

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

Hello,

Since we have a recent thread going on this subject, I am going to close this one and redirect you over there.

http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=19278

Thanks. :)