• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shodan Grading..

Solo

This morning I was surprised with a Shodan Grading. My Sensei presented me with my diplomas and my belt right after the kids, whom I've taught all year, were graded.

The grading was a complete shock because I hadn't been 'officially' tested as were the other Senseis. He explained that grading me was easy, he had watched and evaluated me all year and thought that I deserved it. I'm still speechless, I don't know what to say or think at this point. I'm terribly honored to have been recognized as a Sensei. I know this simply means that I have taken on the responsibility of continuing to learn and understand the art which I have grown to love, and I intend to do so with honor.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share a little bit of my Shodan Grading..I feel so..Honored right now that they chose to accept me into their 'family'. Like I said, I'm speechless..

Edited by Solo

"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make."

-Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Congratulations Solo.

I imagine it is a similar feeling for everyone when they recieve their first black belt, it is quite hard to describe.

Continue to train with honour and the obvious enthusiasm you have.

:karate:

"There are no limitations only plateux, and once you reach them you must not stay there."

--Bruce Lee

Thanks guys, I appreciate it..It's finally sunk in and I'm honored to have made it this far. Hearing my Sensei say "Welcome to the Family.." made me think. It really is my second family, I can't imagine my life without them.

Once again, Thanks everyone :) I appreciate it.

*bows* :P

"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make."

-Bruce Lee

Congrats! I had a surprise test - the high-level underbelt classes are Tue-Wed-Thur, and on Tuesday night Sensei said "You're testing for Shodan this week." After I completed it on Thursday night, he told me I'd be promoted the following Tuesday. That was one of the happiest moments of my life to that point.

Congrats again.

Jason B.

Hendersonville, NC

"I'm not really eccentric... I'm not eccentric unless that means 'crazy', which I am, probably." - Kyoshi Doug Perry

Thanks Conqueror. It's quite a shock to the system isn't it? I can't wait to talk with them tomorrow night..I was so nervous, dumbfounded..All emotions were on high at that moment lol

-Bruce Lee