karate kid 1

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on who he is and how he attacks you. If he is some drunk who can't help himself then he deserves LITTLE mercy. If he is attacking you to hurt and maim you for pleasure then I believe that he deserves NO mercy, :D .

Use your time on an art that is worthwhile and not on a dozen irrelevant "ways".

If you use more force than is needed to stop the threat you could very well be facing criminal charges not to mention being civialy liable for damages done to an attacker

A computer beat me in a game of chess once but it was no match for me in a kickboxing match

I was always taught to "disable" your attacker so they couldn't doit to someone else anytime soon. If that means breaking an arm or snapping some of his fingers, then so be it. They don't deserve to die, but they do deserve a few broken bones.

"The true essence of karate, the perfection or ideal for which we strive, cannot be expressed or passed on through the spoken or written word. It is intangible in nature"

Chojun Miyagi

justifiably, yes, what ever harm your adversary has done to you or your loved ones should be brought back on them 10 fold. just make sure that you deliver before the cops arrive. that way you can still claim "self defence".

however, there is a difference between what feels right and what is right. a true fighter know's this.

"the tiger is fearless and is very powerful. but, the tiger does not think of what it's power can do to others. The dragon is wise and also very strong. however, the dragon fears it's own strength and how it can affect others. " ~perfect weapon

Wisdom is knowledge rightly applied. To fight wisely is to rightly apply techniques.

My philosophy is "if you attack me or mine with true intent to harm, I will hurt you until you are physically unable to perform any malicious act. I will then quickly depart the scene."

In practice, that means "stomp them until they cannot conceivably sit up to throw a punch." Here in the south, the law says "do what you have to do to protect yourself or your loved ones. If that means killing, then kill."

Jason B.

Hendersonville, NC

"I'm not really eccentric... I'm not eccentric unless that means 'crazy', which I am, probably." - Kyoshi Doug Perry