• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

beginning with kickboxing...

heyho,

until now, i only trained Judo and TKD and i think its time for something different. i really like the training at my current dojang, but i there is something i miss... i chose a kickbox school. but since i am going to move to another city in 3 months, i gotta find something new by then anyway and dont know whether it makes sence to change the school now as well.

my question is, is there any sense in training kickboxing for 3 months at all? talking about kickboxing+lowkicks here, but no Muay Thai and training 3 times a week for about 90 minutes each.

the instructors are qualified and they are well equipped, too.

costs and the distance to the new school are almost the same, so that wont be important for my choice.

but what do i got after three months? is there any sense in changing the school?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

but what do i got after three months? is there any sense in changing the school?

The three months will go by anyway.Might as well make good use of the time.

hajime~kyu

The more I think I know, the more I find I have to learn.

the question is whether they'd be used better by advancing in TKD (i could pass the next belt test) or by learning the basics of kickboxing. :)

after all, making good use of my times is what this is all about ^^

We can't make that call for you.

I see value in all knowledge, so therefore any sort of learning you might do in the next three months is just wonderful! You shouldn't lose your conditioning taking kickboxing (they usually do lots of phyical conditioning), and it would give you a different perspective on your kicking and striking.

If you're looking for a basic understanding of kickboxing and what to look for when you sign up in your new city, it wouldn't hurt to take some classes and see if you like it before investigating places in your new city.

On the other hand, I'm sure you can also learn lots in TKD, since you noted you could advance a belt. No worries either way :D

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

the question is whether they'd be used better by advancing in TKD (i could pass the next belt test) or by learning the basics of kickboxing. :)

after all, making good use of my times is what this is all about ^^

That's why I didn't give a direct answer...I knew you'd have to find it for yourself based on your own priorities.

Being in a similar situation I know that I'd choose the place where I could advance my existing skills and rank.After all,you can pick up kickboxing anytime and three months will not be a critical time period.I am moving myself in a couple of months and am hoping that I can achieve my 3rd degree brown belt before I leave.Working very hard at polishing what I know and learning all I can in the short time that I have left.No way would I move on to something new at this point.I'll be doing that soon enough.

hajime~kyu

The more I think I know, the more I find I have to learn.

Go for the kickboxing. You can always pick up where you left off in TKD as well. And you may find you like it better and it may open up new doors for you. In any case, it definately would probably support your training.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

If i am to choose between TKD and kickboxing , i would definitly choose kickboxing , however , in your case , i'dd say stay in TKD for the next 3 month , earn the next rank :)

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

Kickboxing is one of the few martial arts where you can learn a great deal and get great conditioning in a short time. Go for it! Also, the hard contact training methodology will certainly help you become a better fighter. Think: Do you want rank or to become a better fighter? I can't make that decision for you, and I'm not saying one is neccesarily better than the other.

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

Kickboxing is one of the few martial arts where you can learn a great deal and get great conditioning in a short time. Go for it! Also, the hard contact training methodology will certainly help you become a better fighter. Think: Do you want rank or to become a better fighter? I can't make that decision for you, and I'm not saying one is neccesarily better than the other.

I agree, the idea is intriguing maybe if I was you I would do kickboxing.

With your previous experience in TKD you will learn at a very fast pace.

Your TKD will improve massively from doing kickboxing..... id do it just for the epxerience of doing something new without having to start over.