• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

milk everyday = lose weight?

3hitKO

It's not so much the milk but the calcium. I have read in different places that an increase in calcium has been shown to somewhat reduce abdominal fat in men. It has been recommended that people have at least 3 servings of DAIRY based products, such as low fat yogurt, cottage cheese, skim milk, etc. and that it is shown to help reduce fat.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The studies could have also had people switching from whole milk to skim. Thats quite a bit of fat reduction per serving. Always make sure you read studies on health very carefully.

I bet there are more claims about how to lose weight than just about anything else
:kaioken: i think that if you drink milk you wont lose wieght and if you run it is bad for you.

Uhm...

I'm not sure what to say to that. There are a lot of misconceptions out there, to blanketly indict something like that isn't really a reasonable thing.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

So many companies/industries are trying to introduce very simplistic, misconcepted quick fix formulas to weight loss, and this is one of them.

Drinking milk is good, but that alone will surely not make you lose weight. It is just a very small and perhaps optional part of an effective diet if you consider weight loss alone.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence thus, is not an act, but a habit. --- Aristotle

May be its just me but I always used to drink milk to put on weight !

I'd regularly drink 4 pints a day with my six meals, as milk is so high in carb's & protien I always thourght it was a natural body builder, and for me it certainly was.

Got upto 250 lbs plus before I decided I was to to old to be carrying around the bulk.

Cut the milk and all grain products, now i'm a svelt 220, well svelt for me !!

ROBO

Yes I suppose it was, but the aim was to get as big & strong as i could at the time, and it seemed to work, from the size point of view anyway.

Although I would say I am just as strong now @ 30 lbs lighter and a lot fitter, but you live and learn don't you !

ROBO

I just drink water and eat healthily. Milk ahs never done me any good as I take calcium pills that give me what the milk does. I only like milk in my cereal once in a while :).

Thanks My 2 cents.

Ryokeen

Needing to focus...