• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

milk everyday = lose weight?

3hitKO

I heard awhile ago that people who drink about 3 servings of skim milk every day tend to lose weight faster than people who don't (assuming their excersises and body types are similar)

any thoughts? agree-disagree?

*Gi-Yu-Jin-Rei-Makoto-Meiyo-Chugi*

"Life in every breath..."

"That is...Bushido."

"Hai."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I bet there are more claims about how to lose weight than just about anything else

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

keep in mind that this study was perpetuated entirely by the dairy industry. I'm of the mind that milk isn't as good for you as people think. Then again, I'm lactose intolerant, so it's easy to take such an attitude.

Oh, and the only decent uses I've found for milk are a botterscotch malt and for dunking oreo cookies :lol:

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

milk will not help you loose weight, but it is good for you as it is a very good source of calcium

actually thinking about, 3 servings is alot, i have milk with cereal at breakfast, and sometimes a glass in the evening..

If you have just read the above message and agree with it then you may worship me as the best thing since sliced bread.

Of course if you don't agree then hey, i'm a crazed lunatic and you should ignore my insane ramblings.

I think it's the calcium that is supposed to help with weight loss.I have noticed that when I take calcium supplements or get enough from milk and yogurt, that I have fewer cravings for sugar and junk foods,and an easier time maintaining a healthy weight.One drawback to certain calcium supplements is that they can cause truly horrible gas problems.Best not to take them and then head for a workout at your dojo :lol:

hajime~kyu

The more I think I know, the more I find I have to learn.

keep in mind that this study was perpetuated entirely by the dairy industry. I'm of the mind that milk isn't as good for you as people think.

My thoughts exactly!!!! Do you have any idea what is in that glass of milk you are drinking? :o

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

My thoughts exactly!!!! Do you have any idea what is in that glass of milk you are drinking? :o

8)

And just imagine the desperation of that first guy who looked under a cow and thought, "I'm gonna tug on them things and drink whatever comes out!" :P :lol:

hajime~kyu

The more I think I know, the more I find I have to learn.

Commercial milk has been pasteurised which disables a load of enzymes etc. It's still a great drink though with good stuff still in it but if you like milk then raw milk is better for you (or unpasteurised, never soy milk though).

I dunno about the milk - weightloss relation but it could be true. Just be sure to drink good milk if you like it. :)

8)

And just imagine the desperation of that first guy who looked under a cow and thought, "I'm gonna tug on them things and drink whatever comes out!" :P :lol:

Yeah, I've often thought a lot of our foods came from dares. "Hey, ugh, see that chicken? I dare you to eat the next thing that comes out of it."

"Duh, okay."

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player