• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Would you like to see bjj as an olympic sport?

My gut tells me that the Olympics should stick to sports, otherwise you risk changing the nature of the art....and it could have negative effects on the art as a whole. Just look at TKD. Olympic Style is a sport but traditional TKD gets compared to it and it's reputation suffers. Personally, I don't care what peole say about the art but it can cause rather heated debates and incidences of bashing :cry: . On the other hand, I would love to see some high-end grappling that isn't associated with the UFC (or other NHB type scenario). I think it would be awesome!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the other hand, I would love to see some high-end grappling that isn't associated with the UFC (or other NHB type scenario). I think it would be awesome!

Watch ADCC

Its a Grappling tournament that has qualifiers all around the world to compete in the Abu dhabi combat club submission grappling tournament usually hely in the United arab emierates by sheik tahoon.

You see wrestlers, Judokas, sambo, BJJ, Submission grapplers etc from all around the world competing in a no gi setting. Proabably the most prestigious grappling tournament around these days.

• 4 weeks later...

I dont think so, other martial arts would want to be in the olympics and why should some martial art get the spot over another? I find BJJ gets lots of attention now because of the UFC so there doing well enough without the olympics...

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

I would love to see some high-end grappling that isn't associated with the UFC (or other NHB type scenario). I think it would be awesome!

Also try watching the North American Grappling Association (NAGA) tournaments

"Without Jiu Jitsu its like without my two legs."

-Rickson Gracie

https://www.myspace.com/cobraguard

yeah i dont see any reason for it to go into the olympics... then again i dont realyl know why tkd should be their either.

Same here, i think TKD got in because of popularity and wealth.

William Penn

you mean people were corrupt in getting TKD into the olympics or in competions? Actually when was TKD officialy apart of the olympics?

William Penn