• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My new routine

JLee

hello fellow martial artists. well i made a new routine to gain strength and build muscle. anyways my routine is a split-workout. goes like this:

Wednesday-Chest/Arms

3x12 pushups

3x20 dumbbell alternate bicep curls

3x20 alternate hammer curls

Friday-Abs/quads/calfs

3x30 crunches

3x25 squats using 16lb. dumbbells

3x40 thrustups

Sunday-legs,endurance,stamina

stretch

run 2-5 miles

im not much of a buff guy, just sorta athletic. 5'10.5'' 150-160lbs. just want to obtain bigger/stronger arms,biceps,shoulders, and pecs. and a 6 pack, also what kind of exercise will help bring out my V-cut?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pull-ups lol one arm pull ups rowws. and reverse rows. pm me for more exersises

"I'm done, and as I'm posing in my nice stance the flamingo stands his ground as well. The flamingo and I are the unstoppable team, with my tornado kick and his confident pink plastic frame, we're ready for whatever comes our way!"

-Jujimufu

i think you would see an improvement if you did it more regularly.

ie doing the chest and arms on wednesday and saturday and then the lower body on monday and friday

and also go for a run more often keep the 5 mile run and add in 2 smaller runs of 2/3 miles during the week

If you have just read the above message and agree with it then you may worship me as the best thing since sliced bread.

Of course if you don't agree then hey, i'm a crazed lunatic and you should ignore my insane ramblings.

• 2 weeks later...

If your looking to get stronger for your martial art, you need to work the large muscles of the body ie legs / back / shoulder structure, the rest ie arms, will get a lot more work doing chins / dips ect, than curling & tricep extensions.

I would even venture to suggest you may benifit more by combining your strength work into a circuit, rather than a bodybuilding type approach, as its strenght & power under anerobic conditions, you will require in any combat situation.

ROBO

and dont forget that your abs, they are your core muscles and any movement is done through them.

If you have just read the above message and agree with it then you may worship me as the best thing since sliced bread.

Of course if you don't agree then hey, i'm a crazed lunatic and you should ignore my insane ramblings.

Rob makes agood point about circuit training for anaerobic... also anaerobic exercise increase both anaerobic and aerobic enduracne whereas aerobic exercise only improves aerobic.....

As far as a V cut, the biggest visual for that is well developed shoulders and lats, with a small waist. Even if the lats aren't that great, if you have good shoulders and a small waist, it will still visually make a "V". Just make sure you do the large muscle groups in both the upper and lower body, otherwise you get an imbalance.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

JLee-

To get that "V-Taper" look, you should really focus on hitting it from all angles. Keep your diet clean, train with core weight training exercises to build mass and strengh, and burn the fat with cardio work. By burning the candle at both ends, your results should be amazing.

In terms of workout routines, here is a database I found online that has lots of different workouts and exercises guides to show you how to perform each movement:

Workout Routines Database

Best of luck!

Its actually a great way to build lean muscle mass. When I say "lean", I mean with no added body fat which many of the "bulk up" and mass training regimens have you do. The way you make sure to keep adding mass and strength is to adjust your caloric level up by a few hundred calories a day until you can gauge where your "set point" is in terms of a negative addition of adipose tissue. The best way is to cap it off at a 500 calorie increase per week for the first 2-3 weeks and see how your doing. Then slowly increase it up from there. Just make sure to eat very clean, nutrient dense food and keep your protein intake high and you will add plenty of quality muscle mass to your physique.

Best of luck!