• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gain more weight... Suggestions ?

Hello,

I would like to ask u a question and for some suggestions. Now I'm 17 years old and 5.83 feets high, 138 pounds weight(1.78 metres high, 63 kilogrammes weight). And I'd like to get more weight because I think I'm too light. I don't have any equipment so I could only use only trainings with no equipment. Any suggestions ?

I think I'm eating a lot but I do not get as much weight as I want...

"Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice"

- Samurai maxim

"If you know the art of breathing you have the strength, wisdom and courage of ten tigers"

- Chinese adage

You can prevent your opponent from defeating you through defense, but you cannot defeat him without taking the offensive.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Two suggestions:

Use weight lifting to add muscle because muscle is denser and more useful than fat.Steer clear of fad diet type foods and junk foods and concentrate on eating balanced meals with perhaps some extra protein to help with building muscle.You won't need expensive equipment for weight training.You can use common household stuff.Gallon jugs of water are very useful :D

hajime~kyu

The more I think I know, the more I find I have to learn.

bags of sand and a backpak are one easy and cheap way to add resistance to any excersize . You can also use chairs and doors if nothing else is available , for pushups , dips and pull ups .

We are not so much individual beings as individual points of perception within one immense being.

have you seen supersize me? just do what he did eat mc D's for a whole month breakfast lunch and dinner and then ull put on weight lol

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

Gain more weight? Move to New Orleans. :spitlaugh:

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

have you seen supersize me? just do what he did eat mc D's for a whole month breakfast lunch and dinner and then ull put on weight lol

Well, the nearest mc D's is about 100 km away from my home. :lol: And there are only about 10 of them in whole Lithuania, as I know. :lol:

THanks for your advice guys :karate:

Edited by [NoFear]

- Samurai maxim

"If you know the art of breathing you have the strength, wisdom and courage of ten tigers"

- Chinese adage

You can prevent your opponent from defeating you through defense, but you cannot defeat him without taking the offensive.

Bumping... sorry.... :idea:

- Samurai maxim

- Chinese adage

Don't forget sleep. The more you sleep the better your gains. Remeber exercise doesn't build muscle, the resting period is what gains you muscle. A nice firm bed is good, you can put a board under your matress to firm it up( the size of your bed otherwise you'd be sleeping on a lump).

The next thing is to eat more. a 40/40/20 balance of protein, carbs, and fat is good. Healthy fats are best, a good source is nuts.

Since you don't have any weights do bodyweight exercises. Something that will help to is to do wind sprints. These will build fast twitch muscle which is bigger then slow twitch. Plus you will be able to recover faster. I'd go to https://www.bodybuilding.com or google HIIT.

First you need to know how many calories it currently takes to maintain your present weight. Then add 1-3 calories per pound of body weight per day to that total (A very rough estimate.)

So, if you weigh 150 pounds, then add between 150 and 450 calories per day.

Don't forget, if you are adding exercise such as weightlifting into the mix, you will have to account for the increased caloric expenditure, and add more calories on top of that.

And, adding empty calories will just help you pack on some fat. You need to add quality calories such as protein, fruits, veggies, etc. A lot of people get good results from protein supplementation in cases like yours.

A good rule of thumb is to add 1/2 to 1 pound per week. This should result in quality weight gain, assuming you have a decent diet and workout regimen.

As always, if you are really confused about it, talk with a nutritionist. If you don't have any money, go to your local university and talk with one of the nutrition professors. There are always graduating seniors that need to do projects, and you might be able to get it for free.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

You'll have no problem when your'e over 35!!!! :D

KRISPY CREAME DONUTS!!!!!!!

A dozen a day and the pounds will pack on!!!!

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.