• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

woah....these guys are crazy

JLee

I agree that the marketing name XMA is a trademark - but recently it has just been used in normal language to describe martial arts and gymnastics..... so they might have a problem pursuing it - unless of course people advertise as being XMA.... guess thats different.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Copyright seems to be the buzzword right now. I don't think it would be hard to prsecute if the happened to print that title anywhere. JMHO.

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!

how about peoples personal sites though - "look at my new XMA demonstration"..... things like that.

Anyway slightly offtopic - irreelvant of whether they broke copyright - it was a good video.

I would think that Century MA would have some high powered lawyers to take care of that. XMA is trademarked.

Yes, but it is all registered to Mike Chat. Century is merely the outlet for the gear, they still license the "XMA" stuff from century.

Regardless, they have several good demos out on the net that I've seen. I downloaded one and burned it to CD to use as fodder when I coach our demo team.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

Yep...

I have a bunch of videos like these stored on cd's somewhere in my table drawer... Very inspirational :D

Well THAT'S the understatement of the year!!!! :lol: I wanna do that!!!

DORKS HAVE MORE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Savvy?

I think the onlyp roblem is that its easy to have all your training taken over by XMA stuff.... which if is what u want is a good thing, but can deviate a lot from your normal trainign and technique.

I think the onlyp roblem is that its easy to have all your training taken over by XMA stuff.... which if is what u want is a good thing, but can deviate a lot from your normal trainign and technique.

Yeah, we have two classes a week just for people that want to do the XMA, and that's it. Everything else is still the traditional.

Oh, and if you enjoy the aerial, the gymnastics will help, as it will teach you to control your body in space while in motion. Only a few of the techniques will transfer straight across (Handsprings and flips), but they will make it easier to adapt the rest to MA.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player