• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Treadmill?

Altek

hi im a new poster! hooray for me! (so if i do anything wrong you know why)....

....anyways, im looking to get in shape and lose some weight, and i kno that you have to do cardio to lose the weight. so i was wondering if running on a teadmill for 30 min. is a good idea.

any info would be much appreciated! :)

Do, or do not!

There is no "try"

-Yoda

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any activity that gets your heartrate up for at least 20 minutes is good. I enjoy running...inside or outside (preferably outside!) so it sounds good to me!

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

try an eliptical trainer your knees will thank you. If you want to lose weight change your diet, eliminate refined sugars (fruit sugars are okay)

I lost 30 lbs just by eating right. Fruit for breakfast, salad for lunch, Meat/chicken w br. rice for supper. It gave me the runs for a couple of weeks but it also detoxified my system. I feel way better and have lots more energy.

If you do go on the treadmill I would do it as soon as you get up. I've found I lost more weight by exercising first thing when I got up. It has something to do with the body going from a state of rest/recovery (sleeping) to a high energy activity. Plus I've found that it wakes you up because of the blood flow through out the body. (way better than any cup of coffee will do)

Goodluck :)

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class." Choi, Hong Hi ITF Founder

My boyfriend bought a treadmill when he was training for his BB (we have to run a mile and a half for the test). He seems to love it. He does run 30 minutes three times a week.

I hate the dang thing. I have a "motion sensitivity" and I feel like I'm drunk when I get off it. I prefer running on the track we have near our house.

Laurie F

Is there actually a diffrence between running outside or inside?

Yes. Inside, you run at a premeasured pace, there is no effect from wind, and the running "bed" of the treadmill does have some slight cushioning. You also do not have to stabilize as much as running outside.

If you want a great workout, go trail running. We used to do that in Colorado for cross country all the time.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

I lost 30 lbs just by eating right. Fruit for breakfast, salad for lunch, Meat/chicken w br. rice for supper. It gave me the runs for a couple of weeks but it also detoxified my system. I feel way better and have lots more energy.

You should try eating the rice in the middle of the day and that way you can burn of the energy from the complex carbs. eat meat and veg for dinner as its easier to digest :karate:

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

Yes it will help, however you may not get a nice view nor see some pretty girls whilst running on these machines Haha

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

Is there actually a diffrence between running outside or inside?

Yes:

Weather is not a factor inside and treadmills tend to be easier on your joints. If given the choice, I prefer outside everytime, even in extreme So Fla heat. I find the treadmill extremely boring.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.