• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Back Flip

I really want to learn to do a back flip on flat surface. Ive been able to do them on trampolines and diving boards easily. Just 2 days ago I did them off the flat ground into my pool landing on my knees. I did this about 50 times. I got a cusion and put it on the ground and wanted to do it onto it but it was scary so I didnt. Any advice anyone? Or any good sites.

Also my abs are very very sore. Anyone know why?

Chunk Kuk Do in SC! I love Club Karate!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I really want to learn to do a back flip on flat surface. Ive been able to do them on trampolines and diving boards easily. Just 2 days ago I did them off the flat ground into my pool landing on my knees. I did this about 50 times. I got a cusion and put it on the ground and wanted to do it onto it but it was scary so I didnt. Any advice anyone? Or any good sites.

Also my abs are very very sore. Anyone know why?

Yes, get a spotter that is trained in teaching gymnastics, and learn in a proper environment.

And your abs are sore because you use them to help "whip" your legs up and curl yourself into a ball.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

Your best bet is to attend a Benny Hinn concert, they back flip all the time.

By the way, how does a back flip work in a real fight?

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

• 1 month later...

Iam not qualified to help, but I do know that you should be very very careful when doing a backflip. I almost died doing one, it happened when I first learned to doa back flip and I got cocky and started fliping all over the place, one of the times I landed on my head and lucky no permanent damage but the skull was cracked open.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

Your best bet is to attend a Benny Hinn concert, they back flip all the time.

Realisticly I dont think a back flip would work in a real fight, youd prob just end up in a bad poistion or land undefended.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

I would say that a back flip couldn't be of much use in a real fight, but they're still fun to do and watch!

I used to be able to do them when I was younger (when I was at school and train in gymnastics) but I haven't done one for such a long time that if I tried one now I'd probably just end up on my rear end and look stupid.... :blush:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Trust and commitment. You must trust yourself and you must commit to the trick. If you go half-way, you will hurt your back, neck, or head. And you could do a lot more than just hurt it (see Menjo's post above).

Jarrett Meyer

"The only source of knowledge is experience."

-- Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

someone threatens you, you tell him "look, i know kung fu" then you do a back flip and do one of those bruce lee noises... he runs away, you defeated him.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence thus, is not an act, but a habit. --- Aristotle