• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How sick/hurt have you been during a test?

Just curious. I've never been really sick, just nervous enough to have a stomach ache. My friend puked twice in her black belt test. :(

DORKS HAVE MORE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Savvy?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious. I've never been really sick, just nervous enough to have a stomach ache. My friend puked twice in her black belt test. :(

Never really sick during a test, but during Air Force team tryouts, I went almost directly from the ER to the ring (IV treatments due to flu/bronchitis dehydration.)

And no, I didn't make the team. I was second alternate. :(

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

Train in such a way that your grading is just a formality.

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

I just tested last night. I have had walking pneumonia for a week now. I'm just finishing watching the video of my test for the 4th time, and you can't tell I'm sick.

it hurt like heck though.

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

I've never been sick or hurt for a test thank goodness. However one of the guys in my dojang had messed his shoulder up earlier in the week while doing some jujitsu throughs at a MA camp one year (we both do TKD, not Jujitsu). He tested about 4 days after the injury and did all his sparring w/ his right arm tied to his torso. He even had to do 2:1 sparring that way. Finished both opponents in about 15 seconds. Truly impressive.

Getting a blackbelt just says you have learned the basics and are ready to actually study the form as an art.

I have never been sick on testing. But I swet like hell in last testing. My hands shaked so much that writing was very hard and my swet flooded in to the paper that contained the writing part of the test. But I made it and I were proud of myself.

I once had some sort of stomach bug, and thought I was about to throw up, and another time I had thrown my back out the day before the test, but I didn't want to miss it :) .

Wow.... freaky. I'm testing this morning (May 21). I started to lose my voice yesterday, but it seems to be back again today, which is good. Can you see someone testing with no kiais? Good tension moves tho.......lol. :D

DORKS HAVE MORE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Savvy?

I dont get tested in BJJ....i compete....and they can tell at the academy if my grappling has improved. BJJ is alot slower than karate...it took me around 3 years just to get my blue belt...and thats the next belt up from white. At my academy they understand that it takes alot of time to master something...unlike alot of other places.

Black belt? Yes i have a black belt but that belt only covers 2 inches of my butt. The rest i got to cover on my own.

Royce Gracie - Jiu-jitsu master