• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Knee Ligament - Tear !

morph

I didn't limp, and I don't limp now, even though I still have no ACL.

I do however have my meniscus repaired and thank god for that, because my knee doesn't give up anymore.

The game of chess is much like a swordfight; you must think before you move.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Often times the only way to find out what is really going on inside your knee is to have is scoped. I've had two this year and each time they found a surprise when they went in. Thankfully my ACL is only partially torn but the cartilage was a mess! Also, because of my martial arts training, my knee is more stable than most in spite of all the internal damage (strong muscles and tendons keep it well supported in spite of the ligaments!). I feel for you and your knee...my best advice is to do EVERYTHING by the book during rehab so that you can increase your chances of returning to your previous activity level.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Had a 2nd degree tear of my MCL a couple years back, playing hockey. Took 6 months of therapy to get back in 'game shape'. I still have to be careful doing side and round house kicks, or any move where I have to pivot on that knee. You learn to adapt. Make sure that your Senseis know of your condition, just in case you have to not do something.

What you describes kind of sounds like what happened to me when I tore my ACL. It was perhaps more of a popping sound though.

The best thing to do to aid recovery is aggressively but intelligently pursue physical therapy. That means many long hours a day often doing repetitive exercises over and over. A physical therapist is almost a must because they know what exactly you need to do. Follow what they tell you to do to the "t". My biggest problem was wanting to do too much, but you must always walk the line between pushing yourself to recover quickly and not re-injuring yourself. There's no easy way around it.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/