• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

OUr first tournament was great!! Bruised ribs and all...

rivergirl

I did end up competing today, I ended up with a silver medal for Kata and one for Kumite. (There were 3 ladies in the first division and only my sil and me in kumite so it was pretty much a given that I'd get a medal but it still felt great!) I was so nervous all morning, waiting for all the kids to compete, my 11 yo dd got a silver in kata, my 10 yo dd got a gold in kumite and a bronze in kata, and dh got a silver in kumite.

I did something really taboo though, because of nerves, I didn't take out my gum before doing my kata...I kept it way back in my mouth but one of the judges saw it and approached me later to admonish me. I was pretty embarrassed...big no no!! I will definately remember next time!

My ribs didnt' b other me a bit, my sil knew they were bruised and avoided hitting me there during our match. I didn't do so hot on the match, I kept blocking her hand out of the way and then forgot to counter with a reverse punch, leaving myself wide open. REally dumb...so I didn't feel like I really earned that silver medal...

Just wanted to share!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Its good to lose.You can learn from experience.

If you win,good.Reflect back on how you could have done even better.

Try not to be so hard on yourself,its only the first you been to.

I think you've done very good for the first time. There's always room for impruvements if you know where the problem is.

Congratulations.