• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

stiff, sore legs

Suave

Hey, this morning I woke up to have stiff, sore legs, to the point of pain. I went to a drop in class of Brazilian Jujitsu the day before, we did do some fairly painful practices but I cannot see how this would cause my legs to be like this. They have been like this before when I took a break from my daily stretching routines, and it takes a few weeks for them to get back to normal. But I do not see how they could be reinjured like this. Any idea what this could be? and how I could heal it? I will answer any other questions if I left any important information out.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is it stiff and sore like muscle aches from working the aych ee double-eck out of muscle groups that typically don't get any use? You know, the same 'stiff and sore' you get from spending the winder being a couch potato then wake up one morning and decide to take a 10 mile hike uphill? Because that's just normal.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

Hey, this morning I woke up to have stiff, sore legs, to the point of pain. I went to a drop in class of Brazilian Jujitsu the day before, we did do some fairly painful practices but I cannot see how this would cause my legs to be like this. They have been like this before when I took a break from my daily stretching routines, and it takes a few weeks for them to get back to normal. But I do not see how they could be reinjured like this. Any idea what this could be? and how I could heal it? I will answer any other questions if I left any important information out.

Welcome to the world of lactic acid. Best way to avoid it is to stretch well after practice, and if you want, give yourself a leg rubdown. Otherwise the lactic acid pools in the muscle, and creates that stiff, sore, painful feeling.

Heh, last time we did a shoulder workout that I wasn't expecting, I could barely shampoo my hair for about 5 days.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

Unless you can identify an acute injury that would make you have pain it is most likely that you have overworked some muscles, ligaments, and tendons that are not used to it. Take a hot bath/shower, stretch, and then work out as usual....the soreness will eventually go away.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

• 2 weeks later...

You can never avoid pain completely if you are training hard. Get used to it

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

Search for DOMS in Google : (here is a very brief explanation)

Delayed soreness. DOMS after a workout is common, particularly if you aren't used to the activity. If, for example, you haven't exercised for 6 months, and then you suddenly walk 3 miles and do some push-ups and sit-ups, you may feel soreness over much of your body the next morning. You may also notice muscle stiffness and weakness. Such symptoms are a normal response to unusual exertion and are part of an adaptation process that leads to greater strength once the muscles recover. The soreness is generally at its worst within the first 2 days following the activity and subsides over the next few days.

Liam.

Search for DOMS in Google : (here is a very brief explanation)

Delayed soreness. DOMS after a workout is common, particularly if you aren't used to the activity.

For those that aren't used to the acronym, DOMS is Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player