• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How's this for toughening up...

Today while practicing soccer by kicking it against a brick wall, I kicked it a little hard and had to stop it with my chest and it felt like someone punched me (I've been trying to find some way to toughen myself up for punches against me), so I got the idea to go up close to the wall, and throw the ball (which eventually turned into a basketball) against the wall and have it hit me in every part of my body I could think of. Would this do anything to possibly touchen myself up a little, or is the force of the soccer/basket ball too light/soft to do anything?

Joshua Brehm

-When you're not practicing remember this; someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you meet them, they will beat you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

We have a "body toughing" class at our dojang. I've been to a few and one time we would have two people team up, one would face up on the floor and the other one would drop one of those heavy medcine balls on their stomachs. You would start at about a foot and work up higher as you became conditioned over the weeks.

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE medcine balls every second day i do 3 sets of sit ups with medcine balls dropped on my stomach. i have someone stand over my legs drop the ball on my stomach from their head hight and then let it hit my stomach then i grab the ball put it behind my head and hit it off the floor then do a sit up and hand it to my partner and repeat it. when i get to 20 seps are ask them to throw it hard and then when i get 2 25 i ask them to throw it their hardest at my stomach. i wait 30 secs to a min and then do it again. so it works out that i have 2 sets of normal drops and 1 set of hard drops. the balls i use are 5kg which now seems like a beach ball but its teh only 1 in my colege gym and an 8kg which i use in my boxing gym on sundays.

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

I know and practice some very unorthodox and very very dangerous ways of toughening up the body if you want to play it very dangerously....but be warned...it is very dangerous...the training could easily kill you.

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

so u gona tell us then?

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

Reminds me of Happy Gilmore in the batting cages.

:D

:lol: lol, good one Patrick! :lol:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Um ... Ever thought of contact training with a partner . Of course I have seen and even do some medicine ball stuff and there are probably more than a few of us that have been wacked with a bo or kendo stick by sensei but I have never found anything more effective than just plain old taking and trading shots . If you have a good partner you will toughen eachother up real fast . Just don't go all out too quickly . We actually had a drill that was affectionatly called " the bruise thing " .

We are not so much individual beings as individual points of perception within one immense being.

Fangshi, the problem is this.... I don't have a good partner at all. I am the only one in my family who cares about MA, and I don't have any friends in my dojo right now who are as serious about their training as I am. Thought hopefully once I move and get into the new dojos, I'll find a few fellows who want to seriously toughen up and fight a lot (with each other, as little padding as possible, and going full force so it's as realistic to a street fight as possible).

Granmasterchen, I'd really like to hear about these exercises you do that are so dangerous.

Joshua Brehm

-When you're not practicing remember this; someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you meet them, they will beat you.