• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shaolin Kempo - Villaris - Beginer needs help!

Tone

ANYBODY EVER TEACH FOR VILLARIS OR USSD AND IF YOU RAN A REAL SUCCESSFUL OR KNEW SOMEONE WHO RAN A SUCCESSFUL SCHOOL?

DID IT SEEM THAT THEY GOT PROMOTED FOR A SUCCESSFUL SCHOOL NOT SKILL?

I think most large orgs have some politics that go into promotion of the higher ranks (e.g. 5th Dan and above). I can say that everyone that I've seen make 5th dan or higher in the Villari org really earned their rank.

I can say the same. There is no guarantee for black belt ranks especially 5th degree. I'll also add that I don't know of anyone that was promoted just to open a school.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ANYBODY EVER TEACH FOR VILLARIS OR USSD AND IF YOU RAN A REAL SUCCESSFUL OR KNEW SOMEONE WHO RAN A SUCCESSFUL SCHOOL?

DID IT SEEM THAT THEY GOT PROMOTED FOR A SUCCESSFUL SCHOOL NOT SKILL?

I think most large orgs have some politics that go into promotion of the higher ranks (e.g. 5th Dan and above). I can say that everyone that I've seen make 5th dan or higher in the Villari org really earned their rank.

I can say the same. There is no guarantee for black belt ranks especially 5th degree. I'll also add that I don't know of anyone that was promoted just to open a school.

I've heard from my friends pf instructors getting push threw the ranks 1-2 if they have a successful school. As for 5th dan thats a different story.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the late response.

Black belt - $250 and covered two seperate days of testing with each day being 4-7 hours long.

Brown - $100 for a 4-6 hour test

Intermediate ranks - $70 for a 2-3 hour test

Beginner ranks - $40 for a 1-2.5 hour test

If you don't pass you can retest when invited back for no additional fee. I have seen this happen a few times with students who were not prepared and yes, even black belt candidates.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

He said he was doing it at Villari's either way a chain offering a black belt through video instruction is silly in my opinion. You can learn from video's if your already experienced and have partners to test and work the material on.

Either way sounds expensive. Private lessons are good and I wouldn't use them jsut to "catch up" You can get alot of quesitons answered about certain techniques, or why your doing moves the way your doing them or added details that aren't quite emphasized in class. Where you can move faster then your peers do.

Either way main thing about shaolin kempo that is good is there 4 ranges of fighting. Kicking, punching, stand up grappling, and ground grappling therioes. Even though I haven't been impressed with shaolin Kempo's approach to those levels.

Eihter way I would avoid any contracts like year contracts or such. As well as automated payments.

Either way hope its good for you. Good luck

• 1 month later...