• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shaolin Kempo - Villaris - Beginer needs help!

Tone

Thanks for the input, if a long term goal of mine was to be able to fight in different tournaments and be able to do some of those crazy jumps/flip kicks i see what would you guys reccomend?

The Villari system is primarily focused on teaching effective self-defense. While some people do compete in tournaments, that is not the focus of the teaching. If that is your primary goal, you may want to look elsewhere.

If you have any questions about the Villari system or the organization, feel free to PM me and I will try to answer your questions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Tone go to https://www.villarisonline.com. GRANDMASTER VILLARI rules the east coast and is cheaper than most schools. He started out in boston 35 years ago and has alot of high ranking instructors working for him. You should be able to find a school close to you. Unlike ussd who does'nt have many masters compared to villaris. From what I found Ussd masters dont really teach in there schools much, just my opinon. Alot of ussd schools have 1st and 2nd dans runing there schools and evan brown and green belts. Villaris list all the chief instructors ranks on his web site https://www.villarisonline.com. USSD does not. :kaioken:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ninjamac, I dont think matara was a partner just some district manager who got real greedy and wanted to keep all the money. It looks like mattara ranked himself to 9th degree? I have not found any info on where he got it.

Ninjamac, I dont think matara was a partner just some district manager who got real greedy and wanted to keep all the money. It looks like mattara ranked himself to 9th degree? I have not found any info on where he got it.

After leaving Villari, Materra went under Nick Cerio. I know that Cerio gave him at least an 8th. At some point, however, there was a falling out between Mattera and Cerio, and I don't know the current relationship between Cerio's organization and USSD (if any).

i live in charlotte nc and am currently looking for a new dojo. 75 -85 a month seems to be the goign rate.

i used to pay 50. i want to find a new one, but moneys so tight. seems like dojos would have more students if instructors could lower fees.

good luck

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

ANYBODY EVER TEACH FOR VILLARIS OR USSD AND IF YOU RAN A REAL SUCCESSFUL OR KNEW SOMEONE WHO RAN A SUCCESSFUL SCHOOL?

DID IT SEEM THAT THEY GOT PROMOTED FOR A SUCCESSFUL SCHOOL NOT SKILL?

I think most large orgs have some politics that go into promotion of the higher ranks (e.g. 5th Dan and above). I can say that everyone that I've seen make 5th dan or higher in the Villari org really earned their rank.